4%
Wheres Gremlin?
12%
Jim, just enjoy the meds and quit posting stupid ideas
12%

Total votes: 25

railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Re: A Challenge!

Post by railroad bob »

I've been collecting pix of fixtures on welding benches, could post some of those.
The fixtures are pretty inovative, and make it a lot easier to clamp parts and tools in place,
or hold items in position.

Not exactly a contribution to build a product for sale, altho some of them might be
candidates for people wanting to outfit their shop better.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

if i'm understanding it right, it sounds like a heck of a good idea. i've had it with cheap Chinese crap too. let's firm the idea up and i'll set up an area for it.

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

as a welder i wouldnt mind seeing some of those
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Earache
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: My name is Earache and I live in Indy.
I ride BMW's and Ducatis mostly, but have severall 1970's Jap in line fours that I want to chop into something useful. They were bikes of my youth, just not too cool to ride any more.
Hopefully, that can be fixed with a little choppin', weldin' and fabbin'.
Like to check in here and the otehr site to get odeas, tips and tricks.
Hope I can contribute something soon.

Post by Earache »

railroad bob wrote:I've been collecting pix of fixtures on welding benches, could post some of those.
The fixtures are pretty inovative, and make it a lot easier to clamp parts and tools in place,

Not exactly a contribution to build a product for sale, altho some of them might be

Can ya start a thread on that topic and start posting the pics?
I'd love to see what others have done and get tired of searching all day for stuff like that.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Earache wrote:
railroad bob wrote:I've been collecting pix of fixtures on welding benches, could post some of those.

I'd love to see what others have done and get tired of searching all day for stuff like that.
Yep, but will have to wait til after Thanksgiving. Bad reception here at work, and I have some new ones on my iPhone.
TANSTAAFL
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Curt....I can spin a full size Harley frame on that setup and my rolling stool legs straddle the outrigger fine , even with the t-section on the end..... can fit, weld , clean, prep, prime, and paint, with out removing it .....I made the mounting points in the exact shape of my motors mounting flanges so that I can clean them to bright shiny metal and paint and the area where the mill sits is clean and I get a good ground....i all so use those neat ss grd straps, that they use in mil-spec equipment.
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
railroad bob
Contributor

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Earache wrote:

Posted: Jigs and Fixtures section
TANSTAAFL

Return to “Feedback, Bitches and Suggestions Box”