Motor/Tranny mount fixture

Post info here on welding jigs and fixtures.
concrete guy
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just an Iowa country boy that has been pouring concrete for over 30 years. I have been around for awhile. I have watched 3 forums come and go. I built my first chop with the help of the great guys on this forum. I plan on building a few more. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I don't have the 200 word in me this morning! 8)

Motor/Tranny mount fixture

Post by concrete guy »

I revamped my fixture. Years ago I had another person drill the holes for it. His idea of accuracy and mine are a little different so I welded up the holes and redrilled them. I also didn't like how loose it was when assembling it so I also reamed some 3/8" holes for locator pins on all parts. I also switched out my vertical post for a solid piece of 2"x2". The space in between my rails is 1.5" wide so I milled the 2x2 to exact size for a tight fit. I also tapped a hole in the bottom of the main post. This serves the purpose of clamping the fixture to the rails. I milled all the mounting surfaces. She is nice and snug now and should speed up my setup time. I have it in use now but will take more pics tomorrow.

rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Re: Motor/Tranny mount fixture

Post by rudog »

I want one :mrgreen:
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

ya thats a nice one
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
concrete guy
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just an Iowa country boy that has been pouring concrete for over 30 years. I have been around for awhile. I have watched 3 forums come and go. I built my first chop with the help of the great guys on this forum. I plan on building a few more. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I don't have the 200 word in me this morning! 8)

Post by concrete guy »

This is my new upper motor mount fixture. The old one was just wasn't cutting it.The base is 2"x5" x .750". I surfaced it before I welded the post to it. After welding, the 3.4" plate bent .022" and I had to resurface again. I never would have guessed it.

concrete guy
Lurker

Post by concrete guy »

railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Your welds are looking really good Scott. Nice fixtures too, and the jig.
Good access all around.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
concrete guy
Lurker

Post by concrete guy »

railroad bob wrote:Your welds are looking really good Scott. Nice fixtures too, and the jig.
Good access all around.
Thanks Bob.
gasketscraper
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Long time Member, but been out of touch for a while. Been building and riding since my early teens. I work in Alaska for half the year, reside in Seattle the other half. Turn wrenches, weld and fabricate for a living in the Commercial Marine Industry. Have 3 bikes under construction and several riders. Harleys, Nortons and an Indian scout. Enjoy the talent of the individuals on this site!

Post by gasketscraper »

Scotty, your talent, never ceases to amaze me. Really heavy duty jig, Very Professional and well designed!

Return to “Jig and Fixture Building”