jig pics

Post info here on welding jigs and fixtures.
jbfrmca
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: dan. my names john or jbfrmca on most boards . i was on the old board(not very much i'm afraid) been messing with bikes my whole life. still want to learn as much as i can while i can. thanks in advance. later john.

Re: jig pics

Post by jbfrmca »

railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Excellent link, thanks!!!
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
jbfrmca
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: dan. my names john or jbfrmca on most boards . i was on the old board(not very much i'm afraid) been messing with bikes my whole life. still want to learn as much as i can while i can. thanks in advance. later john.

Post by jbfrmca »

hdwgfx
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Long time member in Greater New Orleans Area. I have been riding since I was 14 yrs old, first Harley in 1973. I own a 02 fxdx and a 01 fxdwg which is all apart. I have been a full time caregiver for my mother for the last 6 yrs. before that I was a network administrator for a big oil company but most of my life I have been mechanic/machinist etc. this is boring gezzzz

Post by hdwgfx »

Sam Wills - Racing Innovations - Pics From Miller Welding video -->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... pt1tfPEC00
SamWilsJig1.jpg
SamWilsJig1.jpg (61.28 KiB) Viewed 7931 times
[br]
SamWilsJig2.jpg
SamWilsJig2.jpg (66.93 KiB) Viewed 7931 times
NOTW
Matt McLeod
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am a mechanical engineer in Melbourne, Australia.

My focus is primarily motorbikes, because a) I don't have enough space to build hotrods, b) I can't justify the money to build hot rods, nor do I want to pay someone to do it, and c) I want to finish a project in less than 5 years.

I'm into garage engineering - design engineering, welding, fabrication, machining, lathes, milling, and custom motor bikes and cars. As with most Garage Engineers, you have a long term project in mind (say, building a hotrod), but there are literally a thousand projects to do before you start or that come up along the way.

My website (www.matthewmcleod.id.au) is the record of my journey. Not sure what my destination is, but I'll make some scrap metal along the way.

Post by Matt McLeod »

Just joined the forum and have bought Gary's CD....been planning my jig build, looked at a bunch of pics and a couple of plans and always wondered why guys didn't build the jig frame on a rotisserie so you can do some of the nasty upside down welding the right way up...?

Seems to be a couple of pics in this thread of jigs that can rotate, might be enough to get me started, but if anyone has any thoughts, I'd be glad to hear them.

Cheers
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Welding Upside Down.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Jigs that Rotate.

I don't remember if this has been referenced here already.

http://www.voodoovintage.com/products

Scroll down till you see this.

Download the PDF
Download the PDF
RFJ.JPG (51.23 KiB) Viewed 7861 times
jbfrmca
Lurker

Post by jbfrmca »

Matt McLeod
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am a mechanical engineer in Melbourne, Australia.

My focus is primarily motorbikes, because a) I don't have enough space to build hotrods, b) I can't justify the money to build hot rods, nor do I want to pay someone to do it, and c) I want to finish a project in less than 5 years.

I'm into garage engineering - design engineering, welding, fabrication, machining, lathes, milling, and custom motor bikes and cars. As with most Garage Engineers, you have a long term project in mind (say, building a hotrod), but there are literally a thousand projects to do before you start or that come up along the way.

My website (www.matthewmcleod.id.au) is the record of my journey. Not sure what my destination is, but I'll make some scrap metal along the way.

Re: Jigs that rotate

Post by Matt McLeod »

Thanks hans...

Another good idea to add to my own design!

Cheers
Matt
hdwgfx
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Long time member in Greater New Orleans Area. I have been riding since I was 14 yrs old, first Harley in 1973. I own a 02 fxdx and a 01 fxdwg which is all apart. I have been a full time caregiver for my mother for the last 6 yrs. before that I was a network administrator for a big oil company but most of my life I have been mechanic/machinist etc. this is boring gezzzz

Post by hdwgfx »

http://fullerhotrods.com/

FullerJig.jpg
FullerJig.jpg (71.39 KiB) Viewed 7721 times
NOTW
jbfrmca
Lurker

Post by jbfrmca »

jbfrmca
Lurker

Post by jbfrmca »

freddy.
concrete guy
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just an Iowa country boy that has been pouring concrete for over 30 years. I have been around for awhile. I have watched 3 forums come and go. I built my first chop with the help of the great guys on this forum. I plan on building a few more. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I don't have the 200 word in me this morning! 8)

Post by concrete guy »

hdwgfx
NewB

Post by hdwgfx »

racevisionsreborn2.JPG
racevisionsreborn2.JPG (143.36 KiB) Viewed 7560 times
racevisionsreborn0.JPG
racevisionsreborn0.JPG (66.15 KiB) Viewed 7560 times
http://racevisionsreborn.com/OUR_CHASSIS.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SAu0z5i ... ure=relmfu
NOTW
jbfrmca
Lurker

Post by jbfrmca »

jbfrmca
Lurker

Post by jbfrmca »

a few more.

Return to “Jig and Fixture Building”