Maz's Universal Wheel Truing Jig

Post info here on welding jigs and fixtures.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Maz's Universal Wheel Truing Jig

Post by Maz »

Just in case any of you haven't got a wheel truing jig yet and need one, here's one I made which takes rim sizes from super skinny 2.50x21 right up to 18 inches wide...
Wheel jig 003.jpg
Wheel jig 003.jpg (168.48 KiB) Viewed 7805 times
Wheel jig 006.jpg
Wheel jig 006.jpg (123.44 KiB) Viewed 7805 times
Wheel jig 007.jpg
Wheel jig 007.jpg (182.67 KiB) Viewed 7805 times
Wheel jig Painted 02.jpg
Wheel jig Painted 02.jpg (28.93 KiB) Viewed 7805 times
As you can see from the pics, it can take wheels with and without a spindle (axle bolt) and has dual run-out pointers.....I think I did some drawings of this :think: I'll post them if I can find them......

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Re: Maz's Universal Wheel Truing Jig

Post by yona »

I got some leftovers from my Gotrikes bender and some 1' treadall scrounged off a constrution site...but I tend to over build anyway... ; )
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

I'm sure you'll put that to good use dude....but just in case I'll try to find the plans I drew up for the wheel truing jig..... :think:

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

:text-goodpost: ill be building one of theese i been wanting to learn to true myown rims for some time now
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

you will need one of these....
Spoke key.jpg
Spoke key.jpg (16.3 KiB) Viewed 7768 times
available from most good tool suppliers or evilbay.......

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

i do have one of those actually never used it though
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

a guy who's never used a spoke and nipple key.....? :hand: don't believe it :snooty:

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

i didnt say i didnt play with nipples now
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

curt wrote:i didnt say i didnt play with nipples now
I am very relieved to hear that :naughty:

Maz xx

jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Hi maz and curt, i will be adding the wheel trueing setup you built to my long list of other projects i would like to do. I love the look of nice chrome rims with spokes. Eventually i would like to put a set of them on my honda bobber build. :clap: :dance: ;)
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

Good plan Thomas - I do have some plans I drew up for the wheel truing jig and when I can find the file I'll post it.....

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

:popcorn:
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

curt wrote::popcorn:
oooeerrr I'm being watched again :shifty:

Maz xx

Return to “Jig and Fixture Building”