Fork Welding Jig

Post info here on welding jigs and fixtures.
Fossil
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just an old Dude exploring the world while I still have time. Used to be a member here but forgot my login information so trying to re-register. Working on the placer deposits in Nevada so no roads here to ride anything on unless it;s a dirt bike and even that can be pretty hairy. Nice to see that the place is still active. The old CBH is due to go offline in November. Have to computer anymore and cell signals out here are few and far between so it's hard to maintain any type of regular contact with anybody but glad to see a lot of familiar names.

Fork Welding Jig

Post by Fossil »

I'm think coming out of retirement and building some forks in the years I have left and am wondering if some of you folks have any ideas about good fork welding jigs. What I used in the past was pretty rude and crude but got the job done but looking for ideas that can be passed down and more multi-functional.
Jim Sawyer
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I first found the chopperbuilders handbook back in 2004. Thanks to the board, and all its members, I was able to build My bike, and have ridden it 25,000 miles. I learned a lot, made some friends, and had a great time building it

Re: Fork Welding Jig

Post by Jim Sawyer »

What type of forks, Springers, or girders? or ?
I first found the chopperbuilders handbook back in 2004. Thanks to the board, and all its members, I was able to build My bike, and have ridden it 71,000 miles. I learned a lot, made some friends, and had a great time building it
Fossil
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just an old Dude exploring the world while I still have time. Used to be a member here but forgot my login information so trying to re-register. Working on the placer deposits in Nevada so no roads here to ride anything on unless it;s a dirt bike and even that can be pretty hairy. Nice to see that the place is still active. The old CBH is due to go offline in November. Have to computer anymore and cell signals out here are few and far between so it's hard to maintain any type of regular contact with anybody but glad to see a lot of familiar names.

Post by Fossil »

Springers. I don't have have the patience for building girders anymore. My last affair was crude and basically a one man fixture and I'm wanting something more use friendly that I can pass down when I finally get burned out.
Jim Sawyer
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I first found the chopperbuilders handbook back in 2004. Thanks to the board, and all its members, I was able to build My bike, and have ridden it 25,000 miles. I learned a lot, made some friends, and had a great time building it

Post by Jim Sawyer »

There a couple pics of fork jigs on pagees 3 & 4 of this thread, But they appear to be for Girders.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=227
I first found the chopperbuilders handbook back in 2004. Thanks to the board, and all its members, I was able to build My bike, and have ridden it 71,000 miles. I learned a lot, made some friends, and had a great time building it
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

I made a jig for doing girder forks if that's any help.......
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

Return to “Jig and Fixture Building”