curts softail build

This section is for all posts concerning frame design and construction.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Re: curts softail build

Post by curt »

thanks dan
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Hi man, been a while. Looking real good on the build, i have been working on my camaro restoration and just purchased a used welder for real cheap. Check it out in the tools section with some pics. :D :whistle:
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

thanks i saw looks nice now practice practice practice
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Artie
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi, bike restorer of 25 years, hoping to step up with an outside the box (for me) build and seeking inspiration, tech assist and bling. Based in Australia I'm a builder of parts as we have few suppliers of non standard parts.

Post by Artie »

Howdy, any updates on your build?
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

unfortunately no ive had a bad run of luck lately had to sell some stuff . my work truck blew up had to replace that spent all my cash so I wouldn't have a payment then mother nature decided she didn't like that idea and dropped a couple trees on my house one rolled onto my truck and crushed it.
007.jpg
007.jpg (240.55 KiB) Viewed 8174 times
017.jpg
017.jpg (253.8 KiB) Viewed 8174 times
025.jpg
025.jpg (242.62 KiB) Viewed 8174 times
had it two weeks 50,000 miles not a scratch on it ran like a top . but im no quitter ill be back at it soon as I recover . I have however been working on my jig a little I have taken pics just haven't had time to post em yet
neale
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I have had an interest in choppers from the '70's when I was in high school, reading custom chopper mag etc, I have never had or built a chopper to date, I'm trying to learn, I am acquiring equipment (tube bender, oxy torch etc) and am trying to get started building up the skills and information I need to get started on building a chopper.
My current bike is a Yamaha XV1000, I would class it as a mild custom rather than a chopper, a lot of the useless (to me) bits have been removed and I am trying to modify and chop a few more things off to get it to a longer, lower, leaner machine with better performance (custom shortened rear shocks, refabricate forward controls and drag bars, try and get raked cups working on it etc), but IMHO it doesn't have the right type of frame to build a "proper" chopper on, so I am looking for a more suitable donor bike for the project.

Post by neale »

Damn, sorry about that Curt, hopefully your luck will better from here on in.

Neale
Artie
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi, bike restorer of 25 years, hoping to step up with an outside the box (for me) build and seeking inspiration, tech assist and bling. Based in Australia I'm a builder of parts as we have few suppliers of non standard parts.

Post by Artie »

Holy crap! That sucks mate, hopefully youre back doin your thing soon. Sorry about your wheels though :(

Ive been lurking here for a while and its a lot of your stuff Ive been following. Lookin forward to you getting back into the saddle.

Cheers

R
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

That really blows Dude...Hope you get back on your Feet soon.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

thanks guys it will all work out in the end
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

it could have been much worse a couple tornados touched down close to here 4 people were killed when their house collapsed so It could definatly be worse
Customize IT
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am a young punk kid that needs some help building himself a chopper!!

I am sorry I only have a hotmail account???

Tell me what I need to do I need help with my girder!!!

PLESE HELP????

[url=http://imgur.com/8saXkqN][img]http://i.imgur.com/8saXkqNl.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/pXJZqQ0][img]http://i.imgur.com/pXJZqQ0l.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/T3Q4Ev4][img]http://i.imgur.com/T3Q4Ev4l.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/fsXGYQw][img]http://i.imgur.com/fsXGYQwl.jpg[/img][/url]

Post by Customize IT »

Dude THAT sucks!
sleepyonthree
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: All around tinkerer. Hotrods, cycles, trikes, gardening, cooking, women. Originally joined CBH Jan 29, 2006. Way to many projects, but, thats the fun. Live out in the boonies, less complaints from conformist neighbors.

Post by sleepyonthree »

Man that just fucks with ones psyche on too personal a level.
Hoping it all pulls back on a level keel for you.
nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Sorry to hear this Curt, just saw the bad news.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

I must have been away for longer than I thought :o sorry to see so much destruction and damage dude, hope you have got back on your feet :pray:

Maz
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

I am getting there glad to see your feeling better

Return to “Frame Fabrication”