curts softail build

This section is for all posts concerning frame design and construction.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Re: curts softail build

Post by curt »

i will i just started but had to stop things started coming together with the springer so i went back to that but ill soon be done there and back to the girder
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

got the axl plate dxf files from ampster today gonna have to see if i can get back down to my buds shop next week and get them cut out so i can get back to the build :dance:
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

it's so cool to see the forum is already working and folks helping each other out :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is really gonna be a great place with some real quality builds already

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

Maz wrote:it's so cool to see the forum is already working and folks helping each other out :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is really gonna be a great place with some real quality builds already

Maz xx

definatly some good people here
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

One great big biker family, coming together to make a awesome forum of superb knowledge and information to help everyone build a nice chopper. :banana-dance: :D
rakeNtrail
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just a grumpy old welder/chopperhedd Spent far too much time burning wire for a living but hey, one does have to pay the bills ya know! Worked shipyards and fab shops welding about everything stick, mig, tig and sub-arc. Both hand held and automated. Worked weekends in a Honda shop in the late 70's and in an all bike shop in the late 80's thru early 90's. Likes? Choppers, rock-N-roll, NRA and boobies! Dislikes? PC, VD, AARP & NAACP I'm pro business and totally against big government interfering in our daily lives. Live free or die baby and you'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands. Do love little children and puppies though. Both of them can turn me into a 300lb. old softie!

Post by rakeNtrail »

Looks good Curt! Hope you ain't gonna run fatbob tanks. You won't be able to see where you're going with all that up! :dance: :clap: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

rakeNtrail wrote:Looks good Curt! Hope you ain't gonna run fatbob tanks. You won't be able to see where you're going with all that up! :dance: :clap: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
thanks im not shure what im gonna run yet but i have sat on it on the floor after i welded it up i should be ok with just about anything . i think sittin up in the air in the pic makes it look worse than it is
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Hi curt, i agree it is hard to tell when the bike is high up on bike table. I am also still trying to decide what i want my gas tank to look like, i like the stock honda tank for its general size plus it holds lots of gas for the thirsty 750 4-cylinder engine. But it does not have the look i want my honda cb750 bobber to be, hard decisions. ;) :D :think:
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

form vs function always a tough choice
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

this is one of the reasons I made my frame jig to fit onto my bike table - I can let it down to somewhere near ground level to do a visual check when I need to... :banana-dance:

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

ya i got mine on a standard air table lift like the regular bike shops use so i can bring it up and down too
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

I built my bike table at roughly waist height, so with bike mounted up on it you can see how it all looks at all angles more or less. Or i can just use my ramp to roll it down to the ground for a better visual look etc. ;)
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

jonester123 wrote:I built my bike table at roughly waist height, so with bike mounted up on it you can see how it all looks at all angles more or less. Or i can just use my ramp to roll it down to the ground for a better visual look etc. ;)
Well when you build your steel frame jig Thomas, you could make an air/hydraulic operated table to put it on...... :think:

Maz xx

jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

No worries maz, i have it on my big list of things to build and materials to buy. Just hard to figure out where to put money first to keep going on the bike build. :D :think:
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

That is always the problem Thomas, just keep going one step at a time......you'll get there :banana-dance:

Maz xx

Return to “Frame Fabrication”