curts softail build

This section is for all posts concerning frame design and construction.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Re: curts softail build

Post by Maz »

:obscene-drinkingcheers:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

:popcorn: Iam feelin the love man..... ;) its just beautiful.... :lol: Iam just kiddin ya.. I don't know how you do it Curt....it took me all week to bend and cut my seat base..

Me too add to the praise, really enjoy reading your work Gary..
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

max i do it while im supposed to be working that way i get paid to have fun it makes it twice as much fun . the softail and girder are for the owner of the company i work for so he actually knows im working on bike stuff while im supposed to be working on other crap . only problem is i get behind in workstuff and have to catch up gotta figure thatone out lol
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

002.jpg
002.jpg (228.09 KiB) Viewed 5422 times
003.jpg
003.jpg (196.13 KiB) Viewed 5422 times
004.jpg
004.jpg (157.72 KiB) Viewed 5422 times

got the swingarm finished today and in a rolling chassis gotta figure out shocks for frontend and swingarm he wants to drop the frame to the ground when its parked never done that before so itll probly be a lil figureing there i had to make the swingarm almost 3 inches longer so it would go all the way down and still be able to use the frame the way it is i didnt want to change the frame that wayif i cant figure out the shocks i could still set it the way its supposed to be on a regular swingarm frame its 10 foot 6 inches long from front of the front tire to rear of the rear tirei had to prop up the ramp for the lift and add a piece of plywood and a saw horse to get it to fit im going to have to make an extension for the lift the hardtail and springer is only a foot shorter
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Curt, looking awesome man you are makeing great progress. :clap: :dance: :text-+1:
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

thanks jonser
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

fa_1.jpg
fa_1.jpg (15.96 KiB) Viewed 5348 times
not a lot of progress lately been busy on the triumph and work but picked up a tank on e bay and made a copy for the hard tail build dam smartphone battery died couldnt get pics of them i will tomorrow
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

002.jpg
002.jpg (165.55 KiB) Viewed 5327 times
this is the tank i bought on e bay i made a coppy of it not welded together yet waiting for the filler and petcock bungs to show up
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Im likn the tank.Choose a color yet?
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

no im horrible at deciding what color i do know itll be candy color i love the effect and depth i been trying to find the perfect metallic base for years nothing seems to come close to what i have in my head
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

If you go for candy blue , buff the metal up to a high shine and apply the tinted clear over that ! Very hard to beat !!
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

i did a powdercoat candy over chrome once looked way cool
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

good looking tank, perfect for a chopper...
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

ya i always liked those tanks im definatly a fan of the old stuff
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

curt, just wanted to throw in a post to let ya know that i'm digging' what you're up to. your boss is gonna be a lucky guy, the bike is coming together nicely.

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/

Return to “Frame Fabrication”