curts softail build

This section is for all posts concerning frame design and construction.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Re: curts softail build

Post by curt »

i hate when life gets in the way of fun
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Hi curt, i agree i have been real busy snow blowing alot of darn driveways of the white crap. But it does make me extra cash for my bike building projects so can not complain to much. :o :lol:
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

only one snowfall here so far thank god hate winter
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
triker_chewie
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: chewie from perth western australia. i'm triking up a vw and chopping up a yamaha and repairing broken tools. jeez 200 characters is a lot. GOT A WIFE AND KIDS SPENDING ALL MY PLAY MOEY ON FOOD AND CLOTHES AND OTHER USELESS SHIT sorry bout the caps put them on for the code thing

Post by triker_chewie »

just rolled into the west aussie summer.
looking at 4 months of 30+
long days and hot nights
last year i set my yard on fire with a grinder (more of an agressive smoulder) it was so dry
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

i wish think it rains more than its sunny here
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

Check out this Kiwi builder , he does some incredible work with just basic power tools !!

http://www.selectedgrub.blogspot.com/

:drool: :think: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

that is some nice work there
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

amazing :clap: :clap: :clap:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

!BOJHwZ!!2k~$(KGrHgoOKjwEjlLmS!t7BJtJmEpk(!~~_12.jpg
!BOJHwZ!!2k~$(KGrHgoOKjwEjlLmS!t7BJtJmEpk(!~~_12.jpg (28.07 KiB) Viewed 5502 times
normal_testfolder_1519.jpg
normal_testfolder_1519.jpg (55.11 KiB) Viewed 5502 times
sorry havent had time to get to the build lately but i havent forgot or abandoned it i have been workin some crazy hours trying to pay for the fun i just bought the wheels and drivetrain for both the softail and hardtail looks like i should be able to get them both going by spring im hopeing anyway.should be able to cut the hours down soon as i recoop some of the cash i just blew . think its gonna take some expensive christmas presents to even things out with the old lady but i like my presents lol
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

curt wrote: i just bought the wheels and drivetrain....... think its gonna take some expensive christmas presents to even things out with the old lady but i like my presents lol
What ever it takes brother...looks like a win win at curts house on Christmas....rim looks killer man
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

gearhead1951 wrote:Check out this Kiwi builder , he does some incredible work with just basic power tools !!

http://www.selectedgrub.blogspot.com/

:drool: :think: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Been following this build.... The fabrication on this bike is fuckin sick
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Curt, those are very nice presents thats for sure and look awesome. :D I also just bought a 1997 dodge caravan 7 passenger fully loaded with air conditioning , new winter tires and new summer tires for $3,500.00. We needed a better vehicle that would be able to last and haul wood and parts for bike builds etc, so i really need to get working more to make up for all the cash i spent buying the caravan so i can get back to my bike projects etc. :obscene-drinkingcheers:
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

got the rims so it looks like im gonna have to get back on the swingarm now so i can get it in a rolling chassis pics soon
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

cool :banana-dance:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

cut the axl plates today now gotta go to machine shop so they can cut the slot for the axl for me i cant get em straight and dont have a mill so i gotta pay. hate that

Return to “Frame Fabrication”