hoop wishbone fabrication

This section is for all posts concerning frame design and construction.
krymis
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey dan it chris (krymis) from the CBH board. thanks for opening this back up. hope to have a project to show the build here. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and so on and so forth. The book of revolations and worlds ends and shit like that.....

hoop wishbone fabrication

Post by krymis »

Here are pics from Scum's build on the old board showing how he formed his rear hoops for his chopper. This method is a little different from the multi-bend method gary shows on his frame build. the method has fewer bends but has to be slugged and gussetted more.

jimmib
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello everyone. first of all a big thanks to "Dan the Man". Some of you know me from the previous (2) boards and some don't, so here goes. I have been a fabricator/welder for over 40 years now. Damn that's a helluva long time to do anything! Anyways, I have built literaly 100's of street rods, pro streeters, racecars, bikes and trikes over the years. Never made the headlines and never will. I do what I do because it is the love of my life.
I enjoy reading the posts on the forum and try to contribute when I can. I am sure that this will be every bit as good as the CBH forum, as we will have most of the same folks. Good luck and post a lot of pics!! Jim

Re: hoop wishbone fabrication

Post by jimmib »

Why would you piece it together like that when you could just figure the width and make two bends, so it is one continuous piece?
Whoa!...Musta stood up too fast...
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
An optomist is no more than a pessimist with an idea.
Gun control is hitting what you are aiming at.....
krymis
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey dan it chris (krymis) from the CBH board. thanks for opening this back up. hope to have a project to show the build here. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and so on and so forth. The book of revolations and worlds ends and shit like that.....

Re: hoop wishbone fabrication

Post by krymis »

jimmib wrote:Why would you piece it together like that when you could just figure the width and make two bends, so it is one continuous piece?
this was his first ground up build. He may do it differently now. For the first timers this is an easy way to do it.

Return to “Frame Fabrication”