triumph frame build

This section is for all posts concerning frame design and construction.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Re: triumph frame build

Post by curt »

nothin stock the dimensions i have dont give enough info just building tube arround the motor roughly a 45 deg rake probably make another springer for it later on thinking maybe a leafer but not sure ill like the looks of it that far extended and thanks
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

check out the front end on chopsmitty's brigg's & stratton chop in the project build logs
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

you suck.

no, really.

i am so far beyond jealous, it ain't even funny. how did i miss this thread so far? i want friends like you have!

oh yeah, if you post up the measurements on the frame, we'll get them made into plans and posted, even if i have to do it myself!

keep rocking' it man, it's looking' beautiful.

take care,
-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

I am in awe, you're doing what, 5 projects at the same time???!!!!
3 frames and 2? forks

How do ya keep 'em straight????

:bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

[quote="budoka"] i want friends like you have!

you do if ever i can do anything for you let me know
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

railroad bob wrote:I am in awe, you're doing what, 5 projects at the same time???!!!!
3 frames and 2? forks

How do ya keep 'em straight????

:bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

it aint easy it seems like i cant get anything done lately
Tigman
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: www.tanksbytigman Yo, it's me Dave..... frame builder and gas tank guy..... DBA- World Class Welding Mechanics... the tanksbytigman is just easier to remember and it's a catchy kind of name. Strictly web stuff ya know... my friends call me Dave....south shore MA. 20 miles south of Boston, MA. USA...... cheers

Post by Tigman »

Curt did you get that motor in yet? Is there any measurements I can help you with? It should be easy enough to get them from that stock frame but I have a lot of notes I can dig into if you need...
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

any info you have would be great
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

not too much progress lately had a few nice days spent some time on my regular ride fixin a oil leak and a couple days much needed ride time supposed to rain all week next week hope i can get back at it
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

006.jpg
006.jpg (138.69 KiB) Viewed 5244 times
007.jpg
007.jpg (130.22 KiB) Viewed 5244 times
008.jpg
008.jpg (100.9 KiB) Viewed 5244 times
009.jpg
009.jpg (90.6 KiB) Viewed 5244 times
got the front downtube tacked in place today and the seatpost tube in place had to jack up the left side of the motor to get it to sit level side to side so i could tack the rear motormount in proper position i made a 1 inch hole in the seatpost tube and used a solid roundbar strait across witch moves the seatpost back a couple inches compared to stock frame they used to have that wierd boomerang shaped thing should make it easier to get the motor in once its been painted dam battery died in phone so i didnt get pics but i will monday . i also did the rear wishbone on the milling machine man i like how much better they fit when you do that . i still need to mess with the bottom rails to get a tighter fit to the front downtube and lower motor mounts then i can cut em to length and finnish the fit to the rear wishboneand the axl plates
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Yeah, looking good!!
krymis
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey dan it chris (krymis) from the CBH board. thanks for opening this back up. hope to have a project to show the build here. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and so on and so forth. The book of revolations and worlds ends and shit like that.....

Post by krymis »

doin good stay with it and youll be gettin asked how to do this shit....
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

im in trouble then the more i learn the more i realize i dont know
krymis
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey dan it chris (krymis) from the CBH board. thanks for opening this back up. hope to have a project to show the build here. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and so on and so forth. The book of revolations and worlds ends and shit like that.....

Post by krymis »

welcome to the worldman
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

:D ....yes indeedy............nice looking frame Curt ...what going on the front??

Return to “Frame Fabrication”