Diamond Frames

This section is for all posts concerning frame design and construction.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Diamond Frames

Post by Maz »

In case you missed it, here's a little hardtail Diamond frame I threw together just before the old forum keeled over....
Diamond Snake-neck rigid.jpg
Diamond Snake-neck rigid.jpg (186.04 KiB) Viewed 6834 times
This pics was taken before I finished the welds and motor mounts etc.....its now sat in a corner while I find the time and parts to build it up.... :doh:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Re: Diamond Frames

Post by curt »

nice :popcorn: :popcorn:
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

Thanks dude, I just fancied building a simple style frame but using my "snake neck" style and square section on the diamond.......now do I build a nice cool girder or maybe go for a springer...... :think:

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

do a diamond springer that be cool
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

curt wrote:do a diamond springer that be cool
actually that's not a bad idea......I don't think I've ever seen one done properly.......ok now, let's fire up the CAD software....... :think:

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

i cant wait ta see that :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

If you want to be different , try the 3rd sketch of my front end ideas in diamond ! If you wish to , it might be cool to incude that post here ! I'd do it myself , but I just aint that compuliterate !! :doh: :cry: :D :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

gearhead1951 wrote:If you want to be different , try the 3rd sketch of my front end ideas in diamond ! If you wish to , it might be cool to incude that post here ! I'd do it myself , but I just aint that compuliterate !! :doh: :cry: :D :obscene-drinkingcheers:
That's quite a good idea actually......remind me where you posted them on the old forum and I'll copy them over to here....... :think:

Maz xx

gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

"springers , girders and spurders" 17 down , and thank you !! :bow-blue: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

Posting this one for Gearhead (assuming I got the right one!!!)
gh1951_ideas.jpg
gh1951_ideas.jpg (31.84 KiB) Viewed 6785 times
I think there were some later drawings as well....I'll have a look....... :think:

Maz xx

gearhead1951
Builder

Post by gearhead1951 »

Yep , them's the one's ! The last one (B) was inspired by the HD springer , but I recently saw a Brough Superior with a set of forks that looked like I had copied them !

I guess great minds do think alike !!

:lol: :confusion-shrug: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

i was kind of likeing b too cool ideas . and thats the way to design on a napkin more cool stuff gets built from drawings like that than anything else
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

I used to draw on the back of cigarette cartons, then I gave up smoking....then I started drawing on beer mats but I gave up going to pubs regularly....I've run out of napkins so I guess I'll just have to settle for getting my daughter to draw it using a CAD package :doh:

:laughing-rolling:

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

still smokeing and eat way too much fast food got plenty of napkins
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

:laughing-rolling:

Maz xx

Return to “Frame Fabrication”