Diamond Frames

This section is for all posts concerning frame design and construction.
justin caise
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Seemingly still just a wannabe, as I've not actually built a chopper yet. But I know what I'm doing. I'm startin slow, studying, tooling up, and thinking about it properly - someone here once said "The important thing about finishing your first build is to not let your ambitions exceed your abilities." I'm holdin my ambitions just a little ahead of my abilites so's I can stay motivated. Gary said the balance of time and money is key - So, I'm working that, too. Just reallly grateful to find that this incredible resource is still alive and accessible.
I'm hoping to actually connect with and make some friends here this time.
I'm in So NH repairing and riding the low buck jap junk for now... practicing, discovering my fav riding style, learning CAD, machining, designing and building tools. Lonely. I've got friends and family, and riding buds but no close chopper freaks to hold a torch. Aaaaand, I've said too much again....

Re: Diamond Frames

Post by justin caise »

Might have to see it applied to know, but I'd imagine that the "diamond" girder from your gs550 chop on this frame would be... uhm, I dunno... too much of the same?

Nice neck, btw.
Your car should be old style
Your clothes rather new
Your chopper - a tasteful mix of the two.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

I have several ideas for this build so will just have to see where I go with it.... :think: and thanks JC for the compliment, I try to make my designs just a little bit more interesting :banana-dance:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Hi maz, i am sure whatever design you come up with it will be awesome looking as always. :D ;)
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

thanks Thomas :banana-dance:

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

Maz wrote:I have several ideas for this build so will just have to see where I go with it.... :think: and thanks JC for the compliment, I try to make my designs just a little bit more interesting :banana-dance:

Maz xx

i see the appeal of the girder builds they definatly seem a lot easier less heavy plate to shape on the sander and more lathe time glad ya inspired me to do one hope it comes out as well as yours
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

Thanks Curt, I'm glad I was able to inspire you with my work :banana-dance:

I prefer girders for two main reasons, firstly they are lighter and easier (for me) to build and secondly they are much easier to "tune" for the bad roads we have here. I do like the look of springers but they tend to look too heavy at the top when you start adding shock absorbers etc.

I will be getting back into my FZ750 project build soon and that will have a diamond girder, then we'll see with the other frame....... :think:

Maz xx

LowDoughBrokeAss
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm in school to be an Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic. Getting interested in chopper building. Getting ready to buy an 80's Suzuki 400 (actually 440cc, but no clue what model) for $500, and I'm toying with riding it, while I build a chopper frame, and sticking the engine from it, in the chopper frame.

Post by LowDoughBrokeAss »

I really dig that diamond frame idea. Rad.
Don't you touch that sumbitchin' boat. THE BOAT IS NOT A TOY.
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

LowDoughBrokeAss wrote:I really dig that diamond frame idea. Rad.
Thanks Dude, I just love making frames and forks "on the diamond" :banana-dance:

Maz xx

railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

"Diamonds are a girl's best friend", right Maz?
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

Maz wrote:Thanks Curt, I'm glad I was able to inspire you with my work :banana-dance:

I prefer girders for two main reasons, firstly they are lighter and easier (for me) to build and secondly they are much easier to "tune" for the bad roads we have here. I do like the look of springers but they tend to look too heavy at the top when you start adding shock absorbers etc.

I will be getting back into my FZ750 project build soon and that will have a diamond girder, then we'll see with the other frame....... :think:

Maz xx

:popcorn: :popcorn:
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

i'm looking forward to the FZ build too.
:popcorn:

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Maz, with all your great skills and fabrication work you keep all us old lazy guys off our asses to keep working on our bike builds. :D :popcorn: :popcorn: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
triker_chewie
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: chewie from perth western australia. i'm triking up a vw and chopping up a yamaha and repairing broken tools. jeez 200 characters is a lot. GOT A WIFE AND KIDS SPENDING ALL MY PLAY MOEY ON FOOD AND CLOTHES AND OTHER USELESS SHIT sorry bout the caps put them on for the code thing

Post by triker_chewie »

what a bout a twisted square bar springer on the diamond?
triker_chewie
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: chewie from perth western australia. i'm triking up a vw and chopping up a yamaha and repairing broken tools. jeez 200 characters is a lot. GOT A WIFE AND KIDS SPENDING ALL MY PLAY MOEY ON FOOD AND CLOTHES AND OTHER USELESS SHIT sorry bout the caps put them on for the code thing

Post by triker_chewie »

but with "diamond" rear tubes
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

i like that lotta work twisting that up

Return to “Frame Fabrication”