Rear drive belt/ axle plates

This section is for all posts concerning frame design and construction.
smnmuller907
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi my name's Simon. Journeyman Sheet metal worker /welder / fabricator. Lots of metal fabrication experience I'm hoping to carry over into Motorcycles. just starting my journey into chopper building.purchased a donor bike and am starting a build from the frame up. (ambitious i know). 80" evo, 280 rear, Ultima RSD transmission, Ultima 3.375 primary, DNA springer front end.

Rear drive belt/ axle plates

Post by smnmuller907 »

So I'm in the process of laying out my frame to the new axle plates and the rear tubes bend at compounding angles to accommodate a 280 rear. My problem is when all was sead and done I ended up parallel to the plates but about an inch below them. I could fix this by just moving the axle plates back about 3.5 inches but I want to make sure I can buy a belt when I'm all done. I'm thinking I could use the extra room to drop the seat a little.Right now the belt is 139 tooth. -118. I'm having trouble finding longer ones. Is this something comment to find and I'm just not looking in the right places? Option 2 would be to add another bend to get the elevation but I wouldn't be running parallel and would need to make new plates plus I did this on a sample and it looked horrible. Option 3 is move the neck forward but I'm not fond of seeing another 3 inches between the row tubes and the motor. Any thoughts ???? I posted in power train section also

Return to “Frame Fabrication”