new project

This section is for all posts concerning frame design and construction.
Fossil
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just an old Dude exploring the world while I still have time. Used to be a member here but forgot my login information so trying to re-register. Working on the placer deposits in Nevada so no roads here to ride anything on unless it;s a dirt bike and even that can be pretty hairy. Nice to see that the place is still active. The old CBH is due to go offline in November. Have to computer anymore and cell signals out here are few and far between so it's hard to maintain any type of regular contact with anybody but glad to see a lot of familiar names.

Re: new project

Post by Fossil »

looking good Curt
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

thank you
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

That all looks super cool dude, keep updating the pics please......
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

i will maz .
SANY0204.JPG
SANY0204.JPG (341.51 KiB) Viewed 9173 times
SANY0205.JPG
SANY0205.JPG (337.81 KiB) Viewed 9173 times
SANY0207.JPG
SANY0207.JPG (320.47 KiB) Viewed 9173 times
had a little time today bent up the lower rails to the backbone . im not going to bend the rails up to the rear till i get the notches finalized to the backbone so that will be a little while . i never made one that went to the backbone before 3 tubes coming together at one spot with all the angles. got the motor mounts set to the seat post now i got to get the height set and the top wishbone tubes cut to length and sliced for the axl plates.
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

moving right along Curt... :popcorn:
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

SANY0211.JPG
SANY0211.JPG (360.31 KiB) Viewed 9157 times
SANY0209.JPG
SANY0209.JPG (228.91 KiB) Viewed 9157 times
SANY0210.JPG
SANY0210.JPG (225.09 KiB) Viewed 9157 times
you know your having fun when you keep takin 1/16 at a time to get everything all even from side to side i love that notcher
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

dude! i let life make me step away for a moment, and I come back and you've got all THIS done. makes my heart glad to see! keep it up man, this stuff is like drugs to us!

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

it is dan it was easier quittin smokin
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

SANY0213.JPG
SANY0213.JPG (322.74 KiB) Viewed 9148 times
SANY0214.JPG
SANY0214.JPG (295.67 KiB) Viewed 9148 times
SANY0215.JPG
SANY0215.JPG (287.7 KiB) Viewed 9148 times
made three stupid mistakes today apparently i dont learn . first 2 i screwed the rotation on the final bend then on the replacement i put the bend on the wrong side of the line so now the 25 degree angle is to short to hit the axl in the right spot . :angry-banghead: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: i know i could cut and put a spacer and fix the rotation but i want it done right ........it looks like ill be taking a break for a little bit i gotta get up some funding for the new tube the holiday kind of killed me a little but i aint giving up
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

that rotation on the final bend has been the demise of many a piece of tubing! i have no doubt whatsoever that you'll nail it, though. just sucks you have to take a pause.

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

ya sucks but learned the hard way what i was doing wrong and ill keep the pieces and make something else out of them
drivermark
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: Have always liked choppers since I was a kid, never thought I had skills enough untill I found the "Handbook" sight just recently. Reading the info posted on the "Hand book" sight made me think maybe I can.
I have a little experience fabricating things.
Hoping the yahoo e-mail account doesn't disqualify me from being a member here.

Post by drivermark »

That is one hella beefy duty notcher ya got there Curt. I like
I know the voices aren't real, but they do have some good ideas
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

drivermark wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:11 pm That is one hella beefy duty notcher ya got there Curt. I like Baliegh tn250 super ridgid can cut offset and on a bend and over 180 degrees great for roll cages stupid nice for most all bike stuff but a pain to get setup going back to an even cut from an offset . i added a bolt to help and it would be nice if there were some common stops for like 90 , 45 and such
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

2842[344].jpeg
2842[344].jpeg (437.24 KiB) Viewed 9140 times
id like to thank drivermark for making these for me stand up guy who went above and beyond for me and i really appreciate it
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Definitely some nice looking parts he made
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain

Return to “Frame Fabrication”