new project

This section is for all posts concerning frame design and construction.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Re: new project

Post by curt »

i do think i have the gusset figured out i just received my tig welder last saturday and i played around trying to get a feel for it . its quite a bit different from my old one but i think its going to work well i should have some pics soon . i am so looking forward to a little progress
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Nice…what kind of welder did you get? I hear ya on the progress, I kinda stalled on mine. You have the drive train for this?
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

its just an eastwood 200 ac/dc . no drive train yet . i did get some time welding on the frame this weekend but no pics yet i blew up the rear end in my daily driver work truck had to spent time i wasnt planning on that plus worked saturday . hoping to get the truck back together next weekend so i can get back at the frame
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Dusty-Dave
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi,
Been building and riding since the 60s. My last contest build made The Horse BC last year "Home Built Indian" and had a 40 Indian in the TCU section of the Horse BC the year before.
Iv'e answered to Dusty since 69
Thanks
Dusty

Post by Dusty-Dave »

does it have high frequency so you can do aluminum?
Dudty
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe
But at least I'm enjoying the ride, at least I'll enjoy the ride.
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

yes but no pulse. im not too good at aluminum yet but i will learn . in my last job i worked in the food industry i did a lot of stainless everyone tells me stainless is harder but i think aluminum is harder
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

Slow progress is progress! Looking good, my man.

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/

Return to “Frame Fabrication”