Custom Pro-Street Trike

Use this area for Trike fabrication posts.
OCCT
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello from C Ky. built first trikes in 1977, 78.... took 30 yrs off from bikes now back at it. Now on #3 trike almost ready for show. I'll try and figure out how to ppost up a pic or 2. I have been a Electrical Eng for 35+ yrs and write robotic integration software for touch screen applications, but tinker with bikes is where the love is.

Custom Pro-Street Trike

Post by OCCT »

Just found this forum and hope to be a contributing and a learning member. Built my first trike in 1977, used a HD servi-car donor. Added extra wheels and coverted to a 5 wheeler. Quit biking for 25 yrs, and now back at it. So far seems like some good guys and ideas floating around here. I'll try to post a older pic of my current project.
Attachments
DSCI1099.JPG
DSCI1099.JPG (84.89 KiB) Viewed 11669 times
Last edited by OCCT on Wed May 02, 2012 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro-Street Custom Trike
2006 HD Donor Bike
104hp, 111 ft lbs
Custom Airbrushed Eagle paint scheme
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Re: Custom Pro-Street Trike

Post by railroad bob »

Beautiful trike, and welcome to the site...
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

nice going dude, and welcome :banana-dance:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

nice lookin ride whats the bennefit of leaving the stock rear fender on (belt or chain cover?) wouldnt mind seein pic from rear welcome
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Very nice trike man and looks sweet. :clap: :D
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Very nice trike. Enjoy the site & welcome.
OCCT
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello from C Ky. built first trikes in 1977, 78.... took 30 yrs off from bikes now back at it. Now on #3 trike almost ready for show. I'll try and figure out how to ppost up a pic or 2. I have been a Electrical Eng for 35+ yrs and write robotic integration software for touch screen applications, but tinker with bikes is where the love is.

Post by OCCT »

Curt, Actually it isn't the stock rear fender, I think the one I used is a wide glide or a low rider fender,. It's the short bobbed one. Nothing back there that needs covering, just basically used to fill the void look between and under the rear struts. I have made some more changes since that picture, I'll post a few more pics and a rear view. getting ready to tear down the from end and add more rake The longer tubes with only the current 5 degree added rake makes the front set a little high, so will be adding more rake to level out the frame.
Getting ready to do a complete restore on a HD Servi-Car back to original appearance
2011-10-16 15.13.59.jpg
2011-10-16 15.13.59.jpg (211.7 KiB) Viewed 11900 times
With new Tuned dual S & S Intake and AN 1/4 fairing
With new Tuned dual S & S Intake and AN 1/4 fairing
DSCI1059.JPG (235.03 KiB) Viewed 11900 times
Attachments
DSCI1060.JPG
DSCI1060.JPG (253.16 KiB) Viewed 11900 times
Pro-Street Custom Trike
2006 HD Donor Bike
104hp, 111 ft lbs
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

looks lightweight for a trike i like it thanks
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

The fairing gives the front a more finished look, even tho it looked really good before.
Planning some paint to match the rest?
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
OCCT
NewB

Post by OCCT »

Actually it already is the same base color " Merlot" , just did not add the Eagle air brushing yet. I am still undecided about leaving it on, I think I like the chromed tree look a little better. I also have the chin spoiler painted to match. I may put it on this weekend. Plus I got some chrome trim rings and chrome flamed cut parts to add to the S & S dual intake filters from Wimmer performance parts. Also have flamed eagle horn cover to add, that matches the custom made eagle shift linkage. Right now designing and building a set of wheelie bars, this motor has a lot of hp and torque, dyno'd at 104hp and 111 ft lbs torque. I am a power junkie and love to play with motors. 10 yrs ago I played with a pulling truck, used a 512ci alum block , small fortune in it, but made right at 1200hp , good enough to place 5th in USA points ranking and qualified and pulled at the Super Dome Nationals. I hope to eventually get a HD motor upward of 175hp. Just got a couple of other projects to finish first. In the pictures I posted you can see one of my other bikes , a Blue Ultra. It is a Stage 4 build with 115hp on the dyno. Had to put a Baker clutch with extra disks and a lock up type spring to hold it. The Ultra will pull the front wheel up in a hard 3rd gear shift. Took me about 3 months to build the trike, about 3 weeks of that was air brushing the eagles and wings that turn into flames. The blue Ultra is 2 tones of Blue Chamelion paint with a prism top coat, so depending on the angle and light it can be red, green, purple. Took a while to paint and finish out all 18 painted parts on it.
Pro-Street Custom Trike
2006 HD Donor Bike
104hp, 111 ft lbs
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Your Blue paint is my focus. I am not a painter, but I would like to achieve the following on my bike. Is this a purple prism topcoat?

I have e-mailed this gent, but no answer.

jimmib
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello everyone. first of all a big thanks to "Dan the Man". Some of you know me from the previous (2) boards and some don't, so here goes. I have been a fabricator/welder for over 40 years now. Damn that's a helluva long time to do anything! Anyways, I have built literaly 100's of street rods, pro streeters, racecars, bikes and trikes over the years. Never made the headlines and never will. I do what I do because it is the love of my life.
I enjoy reading the posts on the forum and try to contribute when I can. I am sure that this will be every bit as good as the CBH forum, as we will have most of the same folks. Good luck and post a lot of pics!! Jim

Post by jimmib »

I'm no painter either, but maybe a pearl???
Whoa!...Musta stood up too fast...
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
An optomist is no more than a pessimist with an idea.
Gun control is hitting what you are aiming at.....
OCCT
NewB

Post by OCCT »

I used "House of Kolor" Meta-Joules Prism on top of Colbalt Blue and Oriental Blue. The Meta-Joules is mxed into HOK Clear and top sprayed over the base colors. Can't sand that coat or it will mess with the prism particles. That car picture is the way the Ultra looks in sunlight. On a 4 day ride that circled through Ky ( 460 miles ) we had around 400 bikes, I had several other riders tell me it was strange following me, one time bike was blue, next greenish, purple, redish. I just keeps changing depending on the angle and the light. I am thinking about doing some things to the color, once I decide on a pattern or image, I will make a template similar to a stencil, place it on the bike, then useing a wadded uo Walmart plastic bag, I will "dab" the image with very fine flake gold paint. Then a couple of clears to smooth out. I have been playing with this method on scrap metals, and it is a very unique look.
Attachments
Shot of my 2005 Low Rider Show bike, only got 880 miles on it, Special State Edition , HD only made 50 of this scheme, 1 for each state.
Shot of my 2005 Low Rider Show bike, only got 880 miles on it, Special State Edition , HD only made 50 of this scheme, 1 for each state.
DSCI0671 - Copy.JPG (104.72 KiB) Viewed 11857 times
Not a good shot showing all the gauges after I changed all the LED's to blue so they would match the Sony head unit
Not a good shot showing all the gauges after I changed all the LED's to blue so they would match the Sony head unit
DSCI0677 - Copy.JPG (54.82 KiB) Viewed 11857 times
Not the best shot but you can see the color change above the gauges, much more brillant in sunlight
Not the best shot but you can see the color change above the gauges, much more brillant in sunlight
DSCI0675 - Copy.JPG (92.5 KiB) Viewed 11857 times
Pro-Street Custom Trike
2006 HD Donor Bike
104hp, 111 ft lbs
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

OCCT wrote: On a 4 day ride that circled through Ky ( 460 miles ) we had around 400 bikes,
That would have been quite a sight.

Thanks for the input. I'm checking out the HOK site right now.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

jimmib wrote: maybe a pearl???
If I am lucky enough to get a reply from him, I'll let you know. He may want to keep it to himself.

Return to “Trike Building”