A Frike!!

Use this area for Trike fabrication posts.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

A Frike!!

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Last edited by hansgoudzwaard on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Re: A Frike!!

Post by curt »

cool
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

I need to do some searching. This may be an old Ed Roth designed bike.
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Thats neat body kit, head stock looks a little um dodgy.......got any more pics
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

I was wrong about the builder.

Nice to see how long this frike has survided.

http://aeechoppers.blogspot.ca/2011_10_01_archive.html

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59414209@N00/3420187052
Kiwicaveman
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am a mechanical engineer working in the oil and gas industry based in a gas treatment plant in south Taranaki new Zealand.
I live in New Plymouth, Taranaki, New Zealand
I have been riding bikes for over 40 years

Post by Kiwicaveman »

I remember this AEE trike in a magazine in the early 1970s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"This is your life, are you who you want to be?
This is your life, is it everything you dreamed that it would be
When the world was younger and you had everything to lose?"
Switchfoot
gasketscraper
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Long time Member, but been out of touch for a while. Been building and riding since my early teens. I work in Alaska for half the year, reside in Seattle the other half. Turn wrenches, weld and fabricate for a living in the Commercial Marine Industry. Have 3 bikes under construction and several riders. Harleys, Nortons and an Indian scout. Enjoy the talent of the individuals on this site!

Post by gasketscraper »

First off, do you have more shots of this from all the angles? Secondly where is this at? Very cool find for sure!
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

gasketscraper wrote: Secondly where is this at? Very cool find for sure!
I do not have any more shots. Like Kiwicaveman, I remember the frike from a magazine article in the '70's. I came accross it again and posted it here. It would be great to see it restored and usable. The author of the article may have more shots.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

from aeeblogspot site
from aeeblogspot site
BS.JPG (120.78 KiB) Viewed 9344 times
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Ha!! More Info.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

I should be doing my chores, but this is too much fun.

http://www.boneslegacy.com/projects/res ... gtwin.html
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Hey Max.....

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

oadamo
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi my names adam. iam from the west midlands and iam building a trike at the moment for a mate, but iam going to build my own chopper bike after i finish the trike. but in the mean time iam collecting parts ready for the big build.

Post by oadamo »

that is bad ass :D gives me a few ideas.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

oadamo wrote: gives me a few ideas.
Do you mean the paint?
oadamo
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi my names adam. iam from the west midlands and iam building a trike at the moment for a mate, but iam going to build my own chopper bike after i finish the trike. but in the mean time iam collecting parts ready for the big build.

Post by oadamo »

hansgoudzwaard wrote:
oadamo wrote: gives me a few ideas.
Do you mean the paint?

no the fiberglass fairing.
adam
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

A Frike!! And more.....

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Return to “Trike Building”