Trike plans ?

Use this area for Trike fabrication posts.
fish11906
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: My passion for motorcycles is only outdone by the passion I have to be an awesome dad to my incredible son. I am a professional welder in my day job and have worked in said profession for almost 25 years. I was a member on this site a couple years ago, but as life sometimes gets in the way (and I finished the bike I was building) I took some time to enjoy a little time of from fab and weld work on my bike to help out a few friends with their projects. This sure was pivotal to the success of my first build and was always a source of inspiration and incredible sport from several key members. My first post was answered by Gary himself and gave me a real push to get going on my project...Mr G. I still enjoy riding it today...it always turns heads. But IM starting to get restless and have gotten the itch to start building a new project. It seems my girlfriend wants a trike and my first stop was CBH. Since I now live in an my boss has let me use as small back room in or shop with access to all our tools ...good dude. Well that's about it...here's to reading many posts and meeting my fellow enthusiasts. TTWHTD.

Trike plans ?

Post by fish11906 »

Anyone have a good source for plans or know where I might be able to look for some ?
T.T.W.H.T.D
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Re: Trike plans ?

Post by gearhead1951 »

www.rqriley.com is a good place to start
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

fish11906 wrote:Anyone have a good source for plans or know where I might be able to look for some ?

VW or V-twin? ConcreteGuy is doing a build on this site. Do a search here.

Yona started doing a V-8 build a few years back. He posts here. He lives in Jacksonville so he's not far away for consultation.

http://www.carcentric.com/CX500trike.htm
fish11906
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: My passion for motorcycles is only outdone by the passion I have to be an awesome dad to my incredible son. I am a professional welder in my day job and have worked in said profession for almost 25 years. I was a member on this site a couple years ago, but as life sometimes gets in the way (and I finished the bike I was building) I took some time to enjoy a little time of from fab and weld work on my bike to help out a few friends with their projects. This sure was pivotal to the success of my first build and was always a source of inspiration and incredible sport from several key members. My first post was answered by Gary himself and gave me a real push to get going on my project...Mr G. I still enjoy riding it today...it always turns heads. But IM starting to get restless and have gotten the itch to start building a new project. It seems my girlfriend wants a trike and my first stop was CBH. Since I now live in an my boss has let me use as small back room in or shop with access to all our tools ...good dude. Well that's about it...here's to reading many posts and meeting my fellow enthusiasts. TTWHTD.

Post by fish11906 »

I'm leaning more towards the V twin category. My girl really, really likes the Harleys. Thanx for the help guys
T.T.W.H.T.D
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Any trike with a bike base, ya gotta figure in a reverse, or do a lot of squats to keep the legs in shape....... I finally got the cpu and wire harness to run my my Northstar motor.... the rest is just money...... :angry-cussingblack:
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
BIGJIM
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.

Post by BIGJIM »

I'm building a trike for a friends girlfriend, she is recovering from cancer and can't hold up a bike.
69' Shovelhead, swing arm trike.
Stay tuned for pictures!

Return to “Trike Building”