gonna be a slow build

Use this area for Trike fabrication posts.
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Re: gonna be a slow build

Post by yona »

Maz..... look at the Caddy Cetera....think there is a euro version...DOHC inline4 ( Half a Northstar )auto box , drive by wireless throtle, 4sp auto and a irs....with all suspension indy....mount solid and remove the tranny tail and cut down or use a 4x4 output shaft and make a plate for the rear seal. You can run the speedo off the front wheel. make your own a-arms for the rea,r to work with the stock uprights....mount a solo seat and run 2 small radiator in front of each a-arm or a one piece in the back...Gas tank out of a 10" piece of ally tube and mount a wing on top ....simple ally shroud to cover the trans, center section and radiator....this one might get built before my Northstar trike !
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

wow man that sounds like a recipe for a way cool trike.... :think: guess I better get searching evilbay and the forsale adds...... :banana-dance:

now I'm spoilt for choice - inline 4 or rover v8.....whatever I find first guys :hand:

Thanks for the ideas guys :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Some of those fours have turbo's .....stock probably puts outmore HP than a stock Rover 8.....!
triker_chewie
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: chewie from perth western australia. i'm triking up a vw and chopping up a yamaha and repairing broken tools. jeez 200 characters is a lot. GOT A WIFE AND KIDS SPENDING ALL MY PLAY MOEY ON FOOD AND CLOTHES AND OTHER USELESS SHIT sorry bout the caps put them on for the code thing

Post by triker_chewie »

horse power schmorse power, nothin sounds like a V8
yona
Conventioneer

Post by yona »

Ever heard a Ford flat-4 with a Reilly OHV conversion with a full race cam.... Sweet
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

ooooooooooooooooo you say the sweetest things you silver tongued devil you...... :banana-dance:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

TattooLeeRoy
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi. I am LeeRoy, been biking for 30 yrs now. I ride an ironhead sportster, and (since I have a rider) am wanting to start a ground up build. I am really happy I found CBH, and want to thank you for info it contains. I look forward to the sportster hardtail article, and hope for a girder article

Post by TattooLeeRoy »

I love the way the world works. Maz is on the oother side of the pond, on the big v-8 hunt. I saw some pics of an Alfa-Romeo 75 based trike. The 2ltr twin cam version, (we called it the Milano here and only sent the v-6 versions). I would love to find some of the old european engines, from just about any manufacturer, to put in trikes. Some of them have so much going on visually I think they would be awesome. Oh well, dreams. I did find a pair of donor milanos close (by texas standards) so there may be a build list starting.
We can do anything, impossible just takes longer.
sleepyonthree
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: All around tinkerer. Hotrods, cycles, trikes, gardening, cooking, women. Originally joined CBH Jan 29, 2006. Way to many projects, but, thats the fun. Live out in the boonies, less complaints from conformist neighbors.

Post by sleepyonthree »

Picked up some rams horn exh manifolds from Speedway in their garage sale section. One was installed/returned, and the other had a generator mount hole offset drilled.
Cutting off the gen mounts anyhoo and the installed one looks like it was only opened. The garage sale discount covered the shipping difference.
Gettin closer to project restart....
Attachments
in the box
in the box
HPIM0719.JPG (132.05 KiB) Viewed 6249 times
buzz  buzz
buzz buzz
HPIM0729.JPG (119.8 KiB) Viewed 6249 times
needs finish contouring
needs finish contouring
HPIM0726.JPG (117.95 KiB) Viewed 6249 times
offset hole compare
offset hole compare
HPIM0728.JPG (104.42 KiB) Viewed 6249 times
nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
sleepyonthree
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: All around tinkerer. Hotrods, cycles, trikes, gardening, cooking, women. Originally joined CBH Jan 29, 2006. Way to many projects, but, thats the fun. Live out in the boonies, less complaints from conformist neighbors.

Post by sleepyonthree »

Whacked the offending portions, grinder to get the contour and casting lines/flash, 80 grit sander for cleanup and purtify.

Time to degrease then its off to the blast cabinet to return some of the cast look to the polished areas and a coat of Hi temp stainless header paint partially cured
at 500f in the shop oven for bout and hour. That should stop rust while they're on the shelf awaiting.
Attachments
HPIM0736.JPG
HPIM0736.JPG (119.43 KiB) Viewed 6238 times
HPIM0737.JPG
HPIM0737.JPG (113.96 KiB) Viewed 6238 times
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

that sensor boss on the left side can be safely ground away you know !
sleepyonthree
Stalker

Post by sleepyonthree »

gearhead1951 wrote:that sensor boss on the left side can be safely ground away you know !
Unfortunately these are repops and the boss is hollow. Wanted too but would only end up
with a big hole. :sad: Course ya only discover this once their in hand. :lol:

Return to “Trike Building”