Handmade rigid metal saddlebags

This section is for all posts concerning sheet metal fabrication
Nero
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm an informatic engineer who just happened to leave his (relatively well paid) job to follow his passion and going to work at minimum wage as a CAD designer and a welder in a CNC laser cutting & general sheet metal fabrication shop.
In the meanwhile, I try to build a killer bike with whatever I have at hand...

Handmade rigid metal saddlebags

Post by Nero »

Hi guys,
some pictures of two rigid DIY metal saddlebags that I made for a friend of mine:
DSCF1207.JPG
DSCF1207.JPG (83.31 KiB) Viewed 15709 times
DSCF1208.JPG
DSCF1208.JPG (87.29 KiB) Viewed 15709 times
DSCF1224.JPG
DSCF1224.JPG (118.96 KiB) Viewed 15709 times
You can see more pics here if you like; if you browse the older posts it's also explained how I made them (it's in Italian but it's full of pictures, and I know that you do not need no stinkin' explanation, pics are more than enough.. ;) )
What I'm currently working at (and some free Italian's lessons also :D ) : http://costafabbricustomchoppers.blogspot.com/
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Re: Handmade rigid metal saddlebags

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

I really like these. You did a great job on the paint too. Thanks for posting. I enjoy your website.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Wow....+1 what Hans said.....you should powdercoat the hinges white too.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Jim Sawyer
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I first found the chopperbuilders handbook back in 2004. Thanks to the board, and all its members, I was able to build My bike, and have ridden it 25,000 miles. I learned a lot, made some friends, and had a great time building it

Post by Jim Sawyer »

Very nice work
I first found the chopperbuilders handbook back in 2004. Thanks to the board, and all its members, I was able to build My bike, and have ridden it 71,000 miles. I learned a lot, made some friends, and had a great time building it
Nero
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm an informatic engineer who just happened to leave his (relatively well paid) job to follow his passion and going to work at minimum wage as a CAD designer and a welder in a CNC laser cutting & general sheet metal fabrication shop.

Post by Nero »

Many thanks guys :obscene-drinkingcheers:
What I'm currently working at (and some free Italian's lessons also :D ) : http://costafabbricustomchoppers.blogspot.com/
Nero
Tourist

Post by Nero »

Version 2.0 (for a Triumph this time.. however..)

More pictures can be found here, together with the detailed fabrication process in the previous older posts...

Have a nice day..
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

These are very nice and look solid and tough.
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass
SELF INTRODUCTION: So,...I guess I'm a newb. Can I get my "General Smart-Ass" moniker back, or do I actually have to build something. Like a chopper for example. I am hoping to re-start a build that's been sitting in my shop for a couple years with most of the parts already acquired.
Just wanted to thank Dan and anyone else involved in getting this board up and running.
Dan is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. I have a world of respect for him, not just for his work here but also for reasons beyond this forum.
Not sure if that's 200 words, but that's my intro and I'm sticking to it.
BTW, I'm Mark. Not Indian, just a fanatic of the motorcycle brand.

Post by Indian Mark »

Wow, great craftsmanship!

Return to “Sheet Metal Work”