Working with Shrinker/stretcher

This section is for all posts concerning sheet metal fabrication
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Working with Shrinker/stretcher

Post by yona »

Last edited by yona on Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Re: Working with Shrinker/stretcher

Post by curt »

:text-goodpost: thats some good info i been wanting to buy one of those setups for a while now never used one
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Hi yona and curt , they work awesome when you get used to them. I have used my friends shrinker and stretcher when i need to, would be a real good purchase if you work with alot of sheetmetal all the time. :D
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

I have had a set for 30 odd years...with these, a modified HF beadroller, and a home-made break, I can make replacement raingutter for any old car made....do a lot of trucks....am having a friend to machine me a deep-throat body from 3"' steel..... The sticky i did on another forum to show how I can make a fender out of flat strips of sheetmetal....
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.

Return to “Sheet Metal Work”