Tank Mods & Welding

This section is for all posts concerning sheet metal fabrication
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Re: Tank Mods & Welding

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Rudy, you were born to do this. So nice.
rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Post by rudog »

Thanx, guys.

Just wait 'till the driveline comes together. I'll have lots of simple questions, but I'm buildin' that open chain primary. I'll post that soon and will need help on some issues.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Yea man...nothin says cool like a pant leg eating open chain primary.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Post by rudog »

Looks can be decieving, Jeff. I have an idea for a quard that doesn't hide the chain...only covers the pinch points. I'll post what I got tonight.
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Cool man, nice work looks great so far. :D
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

I am watching you .... ; )
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
rudog
Conventioneer

Post by rudog »

Does my hair look OK.
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Checking back in on ya ......
rudog
Conventioneer

Post by rudog »

Well, this current ice storm is kicking my ass. Had to climb on the roof yesterday to drain the water trapped under the ice. When I climbed down to get the claw hammer, the wind blew the ladder over. Caution is starting to be important to me, particularly now that I'm working in a foundry.

Yona, advise me. Should I hold off on the primary with caution and move on to the front end, or, bite-the-bullet and start cutting up my clutch pack?

I'm goona start something this spring. Now that I'm employed again, I've got the cash flow to finish it.
yona
Conventioneer

Post by yona »

I always try to get the top things off my mind first, so that fretting with them, does not cloud my judgment.... prep, mock up, and fit, if it looks good , go for it! You will know when it is right !

Return to “Sheet Metal Work”