Hot rod style trike bodywork

This section is for all posts concerning sheet metal fabrication
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Hot rod style trike bodywork

Post by Maz »

One of our long-term projects is Tilly-the-Trike, this is a 2000cc Ford motor on autobox and the owner asked for some old skool metal body work, here's a couple of pics...
Tillykickplate002.jpg
Tillykickplate002.jpg (52.28 KiB) Viewed 5303 times
Tillynewbootlids001.jpg
Tillynewbootlids001.jpg (49.35 KiB) Viewed 5303 times
Tillynewbootlids002.jpg
Tillynewbootlids002.jpg (53.26 KiB) Viewed 5303 times
tillynewbootlid001.jpg
tillynewbootlid001.jpg (54.39 KiB) Viewed 5303 times
tillyverylatest01.jpg
tillyverylatest01.jpg (180.34 KiB) Viewed 5303 times
Plenty more if it interests anyone :dance:

Maz
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

sleepyonthree
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: All around tinkerer. Hotrods, cycles, trikes, gardening, cooking, women. Originally joined CBH Jan 29, 2006. Way to many projects, but, thats the fun. Live out in the boonies, less complaints from conformist neighbors.

Re: Hot rod style trike bodywork

Post by sleepyonthree »

By all means... Pop - em on up.
nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

now you know were all pic junkies :banana-gotpics: :banana-gotpics: :banana-gotpics: :banana-gotpics: :banana-gotpics: :banana-gotpics: :banana-gotpics:
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Big-Steve
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a retired construction electrician, 65 years old been playing with bikes off and on for over 45 years now live in Sedro Woolley Washington was one of first members of the old board after following Gary from chopper web. Now ride a Yamaha Road Star and have four other project bikes waiting have two total knee replacements and L&I has decided to retrain me so am back in college learning Auto Cad, Solidworks, and Catia so when I grow up I can re-enter the job market

Post by Big-Steve »

Yes please I love your builds
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

I go to the hamb and jalopyjournal. Lots of handbuilt rods there with some great tips.

heatgun
heatgun
scratchbuilt.JPG (62.02 KiB) Viewed 5268 times
Last edited by hansgoudzwaard on Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Did not want to hijack the thread, but the heat gun use seems unique.

Return to “Sheet Metal Work”