Up-Graded Pregnant Oven

Use this area for posts concerning preparation, painting, finishing, airbrushing, pinstriping and the like.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Up-Graded Pregnant Oven

Post by Jeff L »

my 1st attempt at a pregnant oven was only a one shot deal.I didnt want to make one every time I had something a little bigger than my oven can hold.I decided to make a permanent one.I now have an additional 10" of space in the oven.Its 1/4" cement board sandwiched between two peices of flashing.1/4" aluminum channel around the edges & pop rivited together.I screwed it all together ,so it can be taken apart & stored.Its held on the oven by 4 draw latches.I had run a bead of high temp silicone when I screwed the sides & top, but there is none where it meets the oven or on the door.I tested it & there is no real difference between the original & the add on in time to get to 400 degrees, roughy 15 minutes.So now I can do my wheels & frontend instead of sending them out.Wound up costing me about $60.00
Attachments
IMG_0055.JPG
IMG_0055.JPG (129.36 KiB) Viewed 4748 times
IMG_0056.JPG
IMG_0056.JPG (124.23 KiB) Viewed 4748 times
IMG_0057.JPG
IMG_0057.JPG (123.12 KiB) Viewed 4748 times
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
sleepyonthree
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: All around tinkerer. Hotrods, cycles, trikes, gardening, cooking, women. Originally joined CBH Jan 29, 2006. Way to many projects, but, thats the fun. Live out in the boonies, less complaints from conformist neighbors.

Re: Up-Graded Pregnant Oven

Post by sleepyonthree »

good lookin mod for the oven. might just hafta copy that on my garage oven. Thanks for the update and pics.
nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Tis clever Jeff... ;)
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

I have to decide if I want to add a window on the door.Being it wont be used much, it might be more trouble than its worth.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
sleepyonthree
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: All around tinkerer. Hotrods, cycles, trikes, gardening, cooking, women. Originally joined CBH Jan 29, 2006. Way to many projects, but, thats the fun. Live out in the boonies, less complaints from conformist neighbors.

Post by sleepyonthree »

Jeff L wrote:I have to decide if I want to add a window on the door "snippage" might be more trouble than its worth.
Yeah!, But ya know ya wanta peek. And once it's in........ :D
nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool

Return to “Prep, Painting and Finishing”