Flake!

Use this area for posts concerning preparation, painting, finishing, airbrushing, pinstriping and the like.
kheaton
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: My name is Ken Heaton. I've been in the medical field in the Army for the past 18 years and work on and build bikes as a hobby. My main hobby and goal is to think of parts that do not exist and make them or modify existing parts. I currently own a 99 Softtail that I bolted together, a 78 Triumph bobber that i built from the ground up, a 75 CB360 cafe, and a 76 Kawasaki KH500 that needs a lot of work. I joined the original forum about 8 years ago and I'm glad to see it up and running again!

Flake!

Post by kheaton »

Has anyone shot flake through a 1.4 tip. Everything I have found online says don't try it with anything less than a 1.7. Problem is, I only have a 1.4 and I'm ready to spray it tomorrow. It's Roth Black .004" and will be in Omni 260 clear.

Ken
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Re: Flake!

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

I have not shot any flake but I plan to. I got this online . There are other good sources I'm sure. I have no experience at this.

http://www.houseofkolor.lv/files/FLAKES_F_MF_UMF.pdf
kheaton
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: My name is Ken Heaton. I've been in the medical field in the Army for the past 18 years and work on and build bikes as a hobby. My main hobby and goal is to think of parts that do not exist and make them or modify existing parts. I currently own a 99 Softtail that I bolted together, a 78 Triumph bobber that i built from the ground up, a 75 CB360 cafe, and a 76 Kawasaki KH500 that needs a lot of work. I joined the original forum about 8 years ago and I'm glad to see it up and running again!

Post by kheaton »

Didn't think to go to HOK's site. I was searching custom paint forums. So the chart says 1/128th (.007) can be shot with a 1.5, I'm using .004 flake so I'm gonna try try it with a 1.4 and see if it works. If the weather is good I'll do it today and post pics. Thanks!

Ken
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Yes, that is what the suppliers say would work. Look under MF

http://www.tcpglobal.com/kustomshop/KS- ... tions.html

Return to “Prep, Painting and Finishing”