Cheap touch-up gun

Use this area for posts concerning preparation, painting, finishing, airbrushing, pinstriping and the like.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Cheap touch-up gun

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

I bought this recently when I was in Wa. state on the way home. I haven't done much painting of any kind except with spray bombs. I paid about $13.00 for it, and the thing works just great.
I just finished a touch-up job on my wife's car, basecoat-clearcoat. It looks very nice. The body shop estimates were about $1600. That seemed too steep, so I did it.
HFTGUN.JPG
HFTGUN.JPG (49.41 KiB) Viewed 4555 times
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Re: Cheap touch-up gun

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Turned out fine.
basecoat
basecoat
DSC06886.JPG (143.15 KiB) Viewed 4541 times
clearcoat
clearcoat
DSC06889.JPG (140.59 KiB) Viewed 4541 times
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

those jam guns work great usually a smaller tip 1.0 compared to 1.4 on a regular gun seem to make the paint less orange peal like never tried the hf guns though looks like a nice job there happy wife happy life
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

It's a .8 tip, so yeah the paint doesn't blast all over. I would think that painting a frame would work well with one of these. Thanks for the approval.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

ya they do
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better

Return to “Prep, Painting and Finishing”