Air brush painting

Use this area for posts concerning preparation, painting, finishing, airbrushing, pinstriping and the like.
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Air brush painting

Post by jonester123 »

Hey guys and gals, I just purchased my first air brush kit from ebay today. Anyone done any airbrushing, any cool tips to share when learning. I will post a pic when it arrives. :D
krymis
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey dan it chris (krymis) from the CBH board. thanks for opening this back up. hope to have a project to show the build here. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and so on and so forth. The book of revolations and worlds ends and shit like that.....

Re: Air brush painting

Post by krymis »

Practice the 5 hand movement techniques. Do 100 stokes a day on a large art easel paper board. it teaches line width and distance for muscle memory. use over reduced watered down latex paint to practice.
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Thanks Krymis, going to purchase some air brush books on how to use and paint. :D
rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Post by rudog »

I was going to post the link for airbrush-tech.com but the site has been taken down. They had good tutorials and technical data for airbrush, paint & bodywork.

If you find some good links post 'em up for our perusal.
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Trying to search for some cool scenic mountain stencils of all kinds of nice scenic pictures, anyone have any great sites for them.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

https://ixquick-proxy.com/do/spg/highli ... l&/file.gz

this is a stencil package with mountains, probably not what you have in mind. Can you just make some? Seems mountain shapes wold be pretty generic.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Thanks guys, ordered Airbrush user and maintenance book. Also shows demonstrations how to use and paint stuff. My new airbrush kit will be arriving this Thursday. :D
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

lots of good youtube vids Thomas...
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Railroad bob, yes I have been watching you tube videos to learn. :D
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Airbrushed my first stencil I ordered from ebay, eagle stencil. :D
Attachments
100_1848_zpsa1e36ef1 Eagle airbrushed stencil.jpg
100_1848_zpsa1e36ef1 Eagle airbrushed stencil.jpg (161.88 KiB) Viewed 6038 times

Return to “Prep, Painting and Finishing”