welding hood pictures

An area for general welding posts that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
oklascott
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: my name is scott younger and i live in wann oklahoma. wann is in northeast oklahoma right on the kansas state line. i just recently bought a copy of the chopper builders handbook, the one about building girder forks. i have just finished chopping up a two thousand one kawasaki elminator that i picked up at a garage sale cheap. i am currently buying a building to open my own custom fabrication shop. i enjoy working on bikes and building hot rods, ihave a 1927 all steel ford t bucket with a uncut bed. i have ready to begin as my next bike project a rigid harley frame setup for either a evo or shovel. gonna make the tins and tank myself on the english wheel. hopefully i will get aproved.

welding hood pictures

Post by oklascott »

I thought it might be cool for everyone to post a picture of your favorite welding hood. I will get this started here is a picture of mine.
Attachments
Photo11051320.jpg
Photo11051320.jpg (77.94 KiB) Viewed 6387 times
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Re: welding hood pictures

Post by Maz »

lovin it :banana-dance:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Cool man, mine is just a plain old black full helmet with no graphics. :D
BIGJIM
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.

Post by BIGJIM »

I have a Jackson SpeedGlas, for my work in the real world, for fun I wear a cheap harborfreight auto or my Cheap American made Jackson auto, whichever is handy.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

heres my cheapie
Attachments
DCFC0003.JPG
DCFC0003.JPG (33.13 KiB) Viewed 6366 times
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
oklascott
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: my name is scott younger and i live in wann oklahoma. wann is in northeast oklahoma right on the kansas state line. i just recently bought a copy of the chopper builders handbook, the one about building girder forks. i have just finished chopping up a two thousand one kawasaki elminator that i picked up at a garage sale cheap. i am currently buying a building to open my own custom fabrication shop. i enjoy working on bikes and building hot rods, ihave a 1927 all steel ford t bucket with a uncut bed. i have ready to begin as my next bike project a rigid harley frame setup for either a evo or shovel. gonna make the tins and tank myself on the english wheel. hopefully i will get aproved.

Post by oklascott »

The operating engineers union sticker is cool, i was a member here in oklahoma till an on the job injury. that sticker suprised me. thanks for posting the picture. :clap:
Fat Mike
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just drooping in..the more the better.
Been riding 45 years, everything from a Sears and rare back mo-ped, Harley's.
Right now riding and building trikes.
Don't know what else to say.**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Post by Fat Mike »

I had a solar powered lens for 13 years and it finally bit the dust.
Here's the new one.
NSFM :popcorn:
Attachments
100_0252.jpg
100_0252.jpg (104.17 KiB) Viewed 6330 times
If it has two wheels---trike it.
jimmib
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello everyone. first of all a big thanks to "Dan the Man". Some of you know me from the previous (2) boards and some don't, so here goes. I have been a fabricator/welder for over 40 years now. Damn that's a helluva long time to do anything! Anyways, I have built literaly 100's of street rods, pro streeters, racecars, bikes and trikes over the years. Never made the headlines and never will. I do what I do because it is the love of my life.
I enjoy reading the posts on the forum and try to contribute when I can. I am sure that this will be every bit as good as the CBH forum, as we will have most of the same folks. Good luck and post a lot of pics!! Jim

Post by jimmib »

No cool pic to show. I have used a Jackson full face black thermoplastic hood with Nexgen auto-darkening unit for last 15 years. Before that, Same type Jackson with whatever filter lens I needed.
Whoa!...Musta stood up too fast...
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
An optomist is no more than a pessimist with an idea.
Gun control is hitting what you are aiming at.....
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

I wish I had a fancy welding hood :pray: but I just use a boring cheapie,
Bike Lift 006.jpg
Bike Lift 006.jpg (134.11 KiB) Viewed 6305 times
You can even see the original box in the pic - best way of keeping all those nasty grinding sparks off it :doh:

Maz xx

Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass
SELF INTRODUCTION: So,...I guess I'm a newb. Can I get my "General Smart-Ass" moniker back, or do I actually have to build something. Like a chopper for example. I am hoping to re-start a build that's been sitting in my shop for a couple years with most of the parts already acquired.
Just wanted to thank Dan and anyone else involved in getting this board up and running.
Dan is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. I have a world of respect for him, not just for his work here but also for reasons beyond this forum.
Not sure if that's 200 words, but that's my intro and I'm sticking to it.
BTW, I'm Mark. Not Indian, just a fanatic of the motorcycle brand.

Post by Indian Mark »

Way cool.
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

Maybe I'll get my paint guy to do this design on my welding hood....
376371_182664581818550_100002250270664_398008_1015340226_n.jpg
376371_182664581818550_100002250270664_398008_1015340226_n.jpg (14.94 KiB) Viewed 6294 times
Maz xx

Fat Mike
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just drooping in..the more the better.
Been riding 45 years, everything from a Sears and rare back mo-ped, Harley's.
Right now riding and building trikes.
Don't know what else to say.**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Post by Fat Mike »

Hmmmmmmm.
NSFM
Attachments
bear1.gif
bear1.gif (21.96 KiB) Viewed 6292 times
If it has two wheels---trike it.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

012.jpg
012.jpg (52.91 KiB) Viewed 6255 times
love the miller elete with the big window the lens craped out on me just last week they warrantyed it after 3 years ill stick with them for sure best helmet i ever owned
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
oklascott
NewB

Post by oklascott »

nice flamed hood it is starting to look like i am way behind the times because my hood doesnt have batteries or a solar panel!
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

i still have an oldie that dosent have batteries or solar either but i gotta admit i am spoiled by the new tech
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better

Return to “General Welding”