Bender Plans

Use this section for posts concerning tools and equipment like benders and notchers for example.
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Bender Plans

Post by Maxthegardener »

Lost my copy of Gary's Bender Plans .........anybody send me a copy....??
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Re: Bender Plans

Post by jonester123 »

Hi maxthegardener, i have the jd2 bender plans of garys give me your email and i will send you the 6pages to you they are to big to send on the forum message area :D .
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

I lost my entire library of plans when my hard drive crashed......<<<sulk>>> :cry:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

Maz wrote:I lost my entire library of plans when my hard drive crashed......<<<sulk>>> :cry:

Maz xx
i could send ya what i have probly not as much as u lost but a start at least :confusion-shrug:
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Thankyou Thomas.. I pm'd you
Maxthegardener
Builder

Post by Maxthegardener »

Maz wrote:I lost my entire library of plans when my hard drive crashed......<<<sulk>>> :cry:

Maz xx
yes ...not a good thing...costs a lot to try and retrieve any info :think:
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

No problem maxthegardener, all 6 pages have been emailed to you so let me now if you got all of them. Anyone else who would like them let me now and i will send them the plans also. :D :auto-biker:
BIGJIM
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.

Post by BIGJIM »

Excusa Me, I cana helpa you wit dat.
Aclikadame!
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

Hey Thomas, can you share any plans you have with me as well please - my library was lost when my hard drive crashed :shifty:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hi maz, i have the springer plans and of course the jd2 bender plans. I will have to look and see what else i have, i think i have some of the frame plans and jig plans etc. Let me now what you would like me to email you. :D ;)
Dan.in.Can
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: My name is Dan, i'm 28 years old and i live in Ontario Canada. i grew up in an old school house that my dad fixed up out in the country, just outside a very small town called Hillsdale. i spent most of my childhood working at the farm up the road, so i guess you could say im a country boy. school and me never quite saw eye to eye, not that i wasn't smart enough, but i had a big issue with authority, so i ended up dropping out of highschool to start working in construction. spent about 6 years as a general contractor, but most of the work was in Toronto and i got tired of commuting. now i'm a heavy equipment operator, i spend my summers diggin holes, and my winters plowing snow. i do everything from floating equipment and driving truck, to digging basements and installing septics. I also do quite a bit of maintinence and repairs on our trucks and equipment. thats where i learned to weld (mig & stick) as well as basic mechanical and fabrication skills. i've been with this company for 6 years now. i've been married 7 years now, and we have 2 boys 10 and 12 yrs old. i spend as much of my spare time out on the bike as possible. im riding a F model VTX1800, i try to get away on at least one long trip every year. last couple years me and the guys have rode to north carolina, i love those mountain roads. I've allways dreamed of building a bike, but never thought it was actually a possibility untill i found the CBH website. i read through the OSC build and it completely blew me away, i then read through every article on the site and now i'm a huge fan. everything from the attitude and idea, to the work thats done is fantastic. i'm starting my first bike build real soon, ive got my bender die ordered from jd2 and i've started building the CBH bender. even just skimming through this message board provides more usefull tech knowlege about choppers than the entire web. now im chasing a dream, thanks CBH.

Post by Dan.in.Can »

i'm not sure if this would be the right thread to post this in, but i'm new to all this so just let me know if i'm doing things wrong.
i was cutting my spacer sleeves yesterday, when i noticed that on the plan it shows the frame plates having a maximum OD of 4" while the control arms have a minimum OD of 3.5". unless i'm missing something, with plates being made of 0.5" material this doesn't work out. it says on the plan that that width can be changed to suit different dies, so i just went ahead and cut them to fit my JD2 1.25" die, allowing for washers between the plates as well as both sides of the die. i figure whenever i need to get another size die set, i can always cut new spacers. i think i have my head wrapped around how its supposed to work, and can't see any reason why it would it would matter as long as the die fits, but since i've never actually used one of these, i just wanted to double check.
if you have two or three wheels and a smile on your face then its all good
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Post by gww25 »

You did the corect thing by building to the die. I did those plans when JD was changing their smaller die set widths to 2.5" from the old 2" and forgot to revise all of the dimensions.
Dan.in.Can
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: My name is Dan, i'm 28 years old and i live in Ontario Canada. i grew up in an old school house that my dad fixed up out in the country, just outside a very small town called Hillsdale. i spent most of my childhood working at the farm up the road, so i guess you could say im a country boy. school and me never quite saw eye to eye, not that i wasn't smart enough, but i had a big issue with authority, so i ended up dropping out of highschool to start working in construction. spent about 6 years as a general contractor, but most of the work was in Toronto and i got tired of commuting. now i'm a heavy equipment operator, i spend my summers diggin holes, and my winters plowing snow. i do everything from floating equipment and driving truck, to digging basements and installing septics. I also do quite a bit of maintinence and repairs on our trucks and equipment. thats where i learned to weld (mig & stick) as well as basic mechanical and fabrication skills. i've been with this company for 6 years now. i've been married 7 years now, and we have 2 boys 10 and 12 yrs old. i spend as much of my spare time out on the bike as possible. im riding a F model VTX1800, i try to get away on at least one long trip every year. last couple years me and the guys have rode to north carolina, i love those mountain roads. I've allways dreamed of building a bike, but never thought it was actually a possibility untill i found the CBH website. i read through the OSC build and it completely blew me away, i then read through every article on the site and now i'm a huge fan. everything from the attitude and idea, to the work thats done is fantastic. i'm starting my first bike build real soon, ive got my bender die ordered from jd2 and i've started building the CBH bender. even just skimming through this message board provides more usefull tech knowlege about choppers than the entire web. now im chasing a dream, thanks CBH.

Post by Dan.in.Can »

thanks, that had me scratching my head for a bit.
SuperBob
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Well yous all know me from the last board. But I'll refill my profile again.
Glad to see the board is back.
Hopefully my project build is still here.
Work as a custom fabricator.
Live near Port Dover home of the famous "Fri. The 13th" yearly event.

Post by SuperBob »

I also lost my CBH Bender plans. Can someone please email them to me.
Thanks in advance.

Bob W.
Simcoe, Ont. Canada
blw@sympatico.ca
Dan.in.Can
Tourist

Post by Dan.in.Can »

the full plans as well as instructions are on the CBH main page in the downloads section.

Return to “Tools and Equipment”