jonester JD2 Bender Build

Use this section for posts concerning tools and equipment like benders and notchers for example.
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

jonester JD2 Bender Build

Post by jonester123 »

Here goes, going to repost my bender build pics again. So hopefully it will help anyone wanting to build one for themselves. :D :clap:

jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Re: jonester JD2 Bender Build

Post by jonester123 »

Some more :banana-gotpics:
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

Good idea Thomas, I'm gonna repost some of my monster build stuff plus the update now I've converted it to air/hydraulic operation.....I'm also converting my bike table to air/hydraulic operation at the moment....watch out for some pics guys :dance:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hi maz, trying to give back some information to put in the new forum that will help everyone get building tools etc. I have gotten great help with my bike build so i feel that i can give back some information that i have, i guess i will need to ask dan if it would be alright to post up the jd2 bender plans of garys. That way i would have basically all the information on how to build it in one place more or less. Here comes a few more :banana-gotpics: ;)
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

I will be posting a lot of my builds and plans on here to help others - that's what we did on the old forum and that's what we'll do here to make this one just as successful :dance:

Maz xx

budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

jonester, i'm planning on calling Gary to ask about posting up the plans he used to have posted for free download. if he's ok with it, i'll post them up in the downloads section.

thanks for posting your pics of your bender build. it's bound to help folks who want to build their own!

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Thanks Dan, trying to help make the new forum as good or better than the old one. I may not have tons of knowledge on everything but i can do my fair share to help out everyone. :D :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

keep posting what you can Thomas, if its good then it will help others and if its not so good then someone will put you straight....can't lose really :banana-dance:

Maz xx

jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hi maz, with all the problems i had learning to make the jd2 bender i am sure of one thing. Atleast i can help out to show that if i can make the jd2 bender and it works well with no experience, then i am sure it will give everyone else the confidence to just go for it and learn. No excuses just go step by step. Atleast when i make the next one to sell at a good price i will now how to do it alot easier and faster, still have the materials to do another one but no die of course. :think: ;) :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

:obscene-drinkingcheers:

Maz xx

jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hi maz, i ordered my new 8 ton air hydraulic ram from princess auto. They had to get one sent in to them on order so hopefully it will arrive within a week or so, then figure out the mounting brackets to get it setup on the jd2 bender. When that is all finally done then i should have no problems cross fingers to be able to start the frame bending for the hardtail. :D :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

check out the ram conversions pics and details on the old forum (before it disappears) - this will save you some time and effort :think:

Maz xx

jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Thanks maz, i have the website of http://www.copperheadfab.com and he makes the mounting brackets for the jd2 bender. I will post it also in the good website thread, he is only asking $88.00 plus shipping sounds like a fair price. :dance: :think: :D
sleepyonthree
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: All around tinkerer. Hotrods, cycles, trikes, gardening, cooking, women. Originally joined CBH Jan 29, 2006. Way to many projects, but, thats the fun. Live out in the boonies, less complaints from conformist neighbors.

Post by sleepyonthree »

made one out of some cutoff scraps. Less $ and had it quicker.
Attachments
HPIM0673.JPG
HPIM0673.JPG (135.27 KiB) Viewed 8284 times
nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Thanks sleepyonthree, hard to tell from the pic how it attaches and mounts to bender. I will figure it out one way or another, i do have lots of pieces of scrap that i could possibly try to make my own mounting bracket for the 8 ton air/hydraulic ram. :clap: :think:

Return to “Tools and Equipment”