jonester JD2 Bender Build

Use this section for posts concerning tools and equipment like benders and notchers for example.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Re: jonester JD2 Bender Build

Post by Jeff L »

Thanks....I hope you can help me here...I saved the pics, but I dont really know how to enlarge them enough to see what they say.By the time the plans start getting big enough to see they're getting to blurry to read.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Jeff L , i will try to get some better quality plan pictures. Need to buy a new printer with scanner so i can get better plan pictures loaded up, just got new computer and my old printer will not work with it since it is not compatible with windows 7 operating system. I can walk you through all the information if you need me to help in any way, hopefully gary can post up the original plans of the jd2 bender. :D :think:
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

cool man
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Dan.in.Can
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: My name is Dan, i'm 28 years old and i live in Ontario Canada. i grew up in an old school house that my dad fixed up out in the country, just outside a very small town called Hillsdale. i spent most of my childhood working at the farm up the road, so i guess you could say im a country boy. school and me never quite saw eye to eye, not that i wasn't smart enough, but i had a big issue with authority, so i ended up dropping out of highschool to start working in construction. spent about 6 years as a general contractor, but most of the work was in Toronto and i got tired of commuting. now i'm a heavy equipment operator, i spend my summers diggin holes, and my winters plowing snow. i do everything from floating equipment and driving truck, to digging basements and installing septics. I also do quite a bit of maintinence and repairs on our trucks and equipment. thats where i learned to weld (mig & stick) as well as basic mechanical and fabrication skills. i've been with this company for 6 years now. i've been married 7 years now, and we have 2 boys 10 and 12 yrs old. i spend as much of my spare time out on the bike as possible. im riding a F model VTX1800, i try to get away on at least one long trip every year. last couple years me and the guys have rode to north carolina, i love those mountain roads. I've allways dreamed of building a bike, but never thought it was actually a possibility untill i found the CBH website. i read through the OSC build and it completely blew me away, i then read through every article on the site and now i'm a huge fan. everything from the attitude and idea, to the work thats done is fantastic. i'm starting my first bike build real soon, ive got my bender die ordered from jd2 and i've started building the CBH bender. even just skimming through this message board provides more usefull tech knowlege about choppers than the entire web. now im chasing a dream, thanks CBH.

Post by Dan.in.Can »

theres full pdf format plans on the cbh main page, and theres a great idea for making the degree wheel in sleepyonthree's printable protractor thread in the tools section.
if you have two or three wheels and a smile on your face then its all good
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Hi guys and gals, got back working on my 8 ton ram conversion. Been so darn busy with life and work have not been working on the chopper build till few days ago. Welding and fabing up my ram mounting brackets, ordered some more plate materials for mounting bracket and for my rear axle plates fab on chopper. :D
Attachments
bth_100_1451_zpsaeaab708 Ram mounting bracket build.jpg
bth_100_1451_zpsaeaab708 Ram mounting bracket build.jpg (13.87 KiB) Viewed 4611 times
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Glad to see ya back in action
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

good to see ya back at it, dude. now get back in that shop, PRONTO. :obscene-drinkingcheers:

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Thanks guys, have not given up on the chopper build stuff. Been so busy with other projects and life. :D More to come on the bender conversion real soon.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

jonester123 wrote:Thanks guys, have not given up on the chopper build stuff. Been so busy with other projects and life. :D More to come on the bender conversion real soon.
Hey there Jonester, long time no see..... I've been busy with my shop (had to move to a new building last month...and way too many projects to have much time on here...) hopefully I will be posting a bit more often, we have 5 trikes and around 20 chop builds on the go at the moment.....plus a few other bits and pieces.... :hand:

Maz
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Glad you are keeping busy maz, good luck on all your projects. Waiting for my new ram to arrive from Toronto, should be here by Friday. Then get my darn bender up and running. :D
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hey guys and gals, my 8 ton air hydraulic ram has arrived. So back to finishing the mounting brackets to set it up on my jd2 bender . :dance: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Attachments
bth_100_1491_zps599eceb6 8ton air hydraulic ram.jpg
bth_100_1491_zps599eceb6 8ton air hydraulic ram.jpg (13.27 KiB) Viewed 4561 times
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Good Stuff jonester.....
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hello maxthegardener, hope you are doing well on your build. Been working today on more fabrication of ram mounting, all takes time. :D
Attachments
bth_100_1494_zps4989a370 8 ton ram mounting bracket fab.jpg
bth_100_1494_zps4989a370 8 ton ram mounting bracket fab.jpg (13.89 KiB) Viewed 4553 times
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

More progress fabing up my ram mounting bracket, :D
Attachments
bth_100_1499_zps71c329b1 8 ton ram mounting bracket more fab.jpg
bth_100_1499_zps71c329b1 8 ton ram mounting bracket more fab.jpg (13.19 KiB) Viewed 4543 times
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hey guys and gals, finishing drilling one hole in plate for front ram mounting. Then other plate needs to get bevelled for welding on to the big mounting bracket, plate is 1/4 inch thick to weld. My eastwood 135 amp mig should work just great. :D ;)
Attachments
100_1804_zps6cdefa07 jd2 bender mounting up ram.jpg
100_1804_zps6cdefa07 jd2 bender mounting up ram.jpg (235.97 KiB) Viewed 4069 times

Return to “Tools and Equipment”