radius tool

Use this section for posts concerning tools and equipment like benders and notchers for example.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

radius tool

Post by curt »

anyone got plans for a radius tool for the lathe or mabey a couple good pics
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
triker_chewie
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: chewie from perth western australia. i'm triking up a vw and chopping up a yamaha and repairing broken tools. jeez 200 characters is a lot. GOT A WIFE AND KIDS SPENDING ALL MY PLAY MOEY ON FOOD AND CLOTHES AND OTHER USELESS SHIT sorry bout the caps put them on for the code thing

Re: radius tool

Post by triker_chewie »

Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

I can probably find you some pics of my radius tool if that helps dude :banana-dance:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

jimmib
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello everyone. first of all a big thanks to "Dan the Man". Some of you know me from the previous (2) boards and some don't, so here goes. I have been a fabricator/welder for over 40 years now. Damn that's a helluva long time to do anything! Anyways, I have built literaly 100's of street rods, pro streeters, racecars, bikes and trikes over the years. Never made the headlines and never will. I do what I do because it is the love of my life.
I enjoy reading the posts on the forum and try to contribute when I can. I am sure that this will be every bit as good as the CBH forum, as we will have most of the same folks. Good luck and post a lot of pics!! Jim

Post by jimmib »

Here's one on C/W that Mechworks posted. Quite a few pics and a drawing or two.
http://chopperweb.info/forum/showthread ... eadid=8763
Whoa!...Musta stood up too fast...
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
An optomist is no more than a pessimist with an idea.
Gun control is hitting what you are aiming at.....
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

thanks maz id definatly like to see em and thankks guys i want to see em all pick an easyone to build that will work with my existing carbide bits
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
msn1977
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Mark Nienke, I have been a machinest and fabricator for over 30 years. Currently a home shop machinest and future bike builder (some day). Funnest project was my Maadi-Griffin 50 BMG which I built a few years ago. I have owned bikes on and off for the last 40 years. Built and sold two basket case sportsters. I currently own a 2008 Harley V-Rod.

Post by msn1977 »

Very neat little toolpost ball turner. http://www.projectsinmetal.com/free-met ... athe-mill/ Several other projects on this site.
joechop
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: engineer working in construction industry and living outside of Pittsburgh PA. I recently completed my first build and hopefully more to come. officially started a side business for v-twin restomods... Vadori Designs.

Post by joechop »

Wasn't able to view MechWerks but here are a couple others. I had the dimensions of the OMW and was going to make it a couple years ago - who knows where the hell they are now becasue I can't find...

http://lepton.com/metal/ball_turner.html

http://www.frets.com/homeshoptech/TechL ... adius.html
http://littlemachineshop.com/Instructio ... ctions.pdf
BIGJIM
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.

Post by BIGJIM »

Posted theses on the old board.

jimmib
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello everyone. first of all a big thanks to "Dan the Man". Some of you know me from the previous (2) boards and some don't, so here goes. I have been a fabricator/welder for over 40 years now. Damn that's a helluva long time to do anything! Anyways, I have built literaly 100's of street rods, pro streeters, racecars, bikes and trikes over the years. Never made the headlines and never will. I do what I do because it is the love of my life.
I enjoy reading the posts on the forum and try to contribute when I can. I am sure that this will be every bit as good as the CBH forum, as we will have most of the same folks. Good luck and post a lot of pics!! Jim

Post by jimmib »

Now, that one is about as simple as you can get.....Thanks Jim!
Whoa!...Musta stood up too fast...
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
An optomist is no more than a pessimist with an idea.
Gun control is hitting what you are aiming at.....
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Some of this might be what Jim posted....just put up all that I had plucked from the internet...
Attachments
dirty rt-radius cutter.jpg
dirty rt-radius cutter.jpg (37.51 KiB) Viewed 6103 times
BALL_TURNING_TOOLPOST.pdf
(45.89 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
BALL_TURNING_TOOL_HOLDER.pdf
(43.52 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
BALL_TURNING_ROTATING_BODY.pdf
(76.96 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
BALL_TURNING_HOLD_DOWN_BASE.pdf
(65.34 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
BALL_TURNING_BIT_CLAMP.pdf
(38.49 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Instructions and picture
Attachments
Thought I had a good pic...
Thought I had a good pic...
RADIUS CUTTER.jpg (23.27 KiB) Viewed 6045 times
Instructions for Radius cutter.doc
(20.5 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
Last edited by yona on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yona
Conventioneer

Post by yona »

I went back and took out what Jim had posted... ; )
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

There's some pics of my large radius tool in the Machine Shop section but it is very similar to the one above, just larger and more adjustable.....

Maz xx

gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

Yeah , we know how you feel about a large radius tool !

:laughing-rolling: ;) :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

gearhead1951 wrote:Yeah , we know how you feel about a large radius tool !

:laughing-rolling: ;) :obscene-drinkingcheers:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :naughty: :laughing-rolling:

Maz xx

Return to “Tools and Equipment”