Printable protractor for CBH/JD bender

Use this section for posts concerning tools and equipment like benders and notchers for example.
sleepyonthree
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: All around tinkerer. Hotrods, cycles, trikes, gardening, cooking, women. Originally joined CBH Jan 29, 2006. Way to many projects, but, thats the fun. Live out in the boonies, less complaints from conformist neighbors.

Printable protractor for CBH/JD bender

Post by sleepyonthree »

For anyone doing their own JD style bender a DIY bend angle guide. Used a chunk of aluminum sheet, a coat of clear lacquer, smooth the printed sheet onto the lacquer, let set up, 2 or 3 sealing coats of clear with time to be almost touch dry between coats.

A positive and negative view of a printable protractor attached.
Attachments
printed copy using clear lacquer as the adhesive and protectant coating
printed copy using clear lacquer as the adhesive and protectant coating
HPIM0604.JPG (110.69 KiB) Viewed 5298 times
printable protractor positive view.doc
(77.5 KiB) Downloaded 532 times
printable protractor negative view.doc
(102.5 KiB) Downloaded 417 times
nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Re: Printable protractor for CBH/JD bender

Post by yona »

#60 degree timming wheel... can be used for any type of protractor !
Attachments
osp-degreewheel.pdf
360 timing wheel that can be used for anything over 180 degrees
(267.87 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
Dan.in.Can
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: My name is Dan, i'm 28 years old and i live in Ontario Canada. i grew up in an old school house that my dad fixed up out in the country, just outside a very small town called Hillsdale. i spent most of my childhood working at the farm up the road, so i guess you could say im a country boy. school and me never quite saw eye to eye, not that i wasn't smart enough, but i had a big issue with authority, so i ended up dropping out of highschool to start working in construction. spent about 6 years as a general contractor, but most of the work was in Toronto and i got tired of commuting. now i'm a heavy equipment operator, i spend my summers diggin holes, and my winters plowing snow. i do everything from floating equipment and driving truck, to digging basements and installing septics. I also do quite a bit of maintinence and repairs on our trucks and equipment. thats where i learned to weld (mig & stick) as well as basic mechanical and fabrication skills. i've been with this company for 6 years now. i've been married 7 years now, and we have 2 boys 10 and 12 yrs old. i spend as much of my spare time out on the bike as possible. im riding a F model VTX1800, i try to get away on at least one long trip every year. last couple years me and the guys have rode to north carolina, i love those mountain roads. I've allways dreamed of building a bike, but never thought it was actually a possibility untill i found the CBH website. i read through the OSC build and it completely blew me away, i then read through every article on the site and now i'm a huge fan. everything from the attitude and idea, to the work thats done is fantastic. i'm starting my first bike build real soon, ive got my bender die ordered from jd2 and i've started building the CBH bender. even just skimming through this message board provides more usefull tech knowlege about choppers than the entire web. now im chasing a dream, thanks CBH.

Post by Dan.in.Can »

Thanks, this is exactly what i needed. this message board is fantastic.
if you have two or three wheels and a smile on your face then its all good
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Post by gww25 »

Excellent post!!!
sleepyonthree
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: All around tinkerer. Hotrods, cycles, trikes, gardening, cooking, women. Originally joined CBH Jan 29, 2006. Way to many projects, but, thats the fun. Live out in the boonies, less complaints from conformist neighbors.

Post by sleepyonthree »

yona wrote:#60 degree timming wheel... can be used for any type of protractor !
Yona, thanks for the degree wheel. Will be handy.
nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool

Return to “Tools and Equipment”