Maz's Monster Bender

Use this section for posts concerning tools and equipment like benders and notchers for example.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Maz's Monster Bender

Post by Maz »

For those of you who followed my Gottrikes monster bender build on the old forum, I'll be posting some build pics plus an update to detail the conversion to air/hydraulic.

I will also be building a modified version soon....... :shhh:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Re: Maz's Monster Bender

Post by curt »

id like to see your diamond die maby specs?
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

I haven't done any tech drawings for this but it isn't too difficult to work out. Having said that, I've had several emails via Frank the designer of the bender, from other builders around the world who want to know where I bought the diamind die...none of them believe him when he says a girl made it...then they email me and ask very politley for the specs......... :hand:

Anyhow, here's some :banana-gotpics: to get you started....
Bender 002.jpg
Bender 002.jpg (157.7 KiB) Viewed 4814 times
Bender 008.jpg
Bender 008.jpg (151.38 KiB) Viewed 4814 times
Bender 021.jpg
Bender 021.jpg (180.84 KiB) Viewed 4814 times
Bender 040.jpg
Bender 040.jpg (177.78 KiB) Viewed 4814 times
and there's more.......

Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

and of course the story of the famous diamond die...I didn't have a single piece of steel big enough so I designed it to be made from sections....
Bender 046.jpg
Bender 046.jpg (157.99 KiB) Viewed 4814 times
Bender 047.jpg
Bender 047.jpg (128.66 KiB) Viewed 4814 times
Bender 048.jpg
Bender 048.jpg (123.11 KiB) Viewed 4814 times
Bender 054.jpg
Bender 054.jpg (150.59 KiB) Viewed 4814 times
Simple as that really...... :dance:

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

it looks like a jd2 die will it fit a jd 2?
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

The dies for the Gottrikes bender are ProTools which are slightly different but I'm told the JD2 dies will fit - I think the difference is in the width of the centre boss....

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

i think its a little beyond me yet could you build one for a jd2 i might be intrested in buying one fron ya
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

curt wrote:i think its a little beyond me yet could you build one for a jd2 i might be intrested in buying one fron ya
No problem dude - just need to check the specs of a stock JD2 die and then I can do one - I'll pm you to discuss further....

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

kool
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

don't forget I'm busy partying this Saturday - I'll be in touch probably Sunday......hangover permitting :doh:

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

no rush
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

I've got my bike table in bits at the moment as I'm converting it to air/hydraulic ram operation....I should be able to get to where I keep the bender dies in a few days...

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

:popcorn:
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

curt wrote::popcorn:

ooer I'm being watched..... :shifty:

Maz xx

chopper boy
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: HI there, my name is Joe and l live in Melbourne-Australia. I built my very first rigid chopper in 1999 and lam still riding it today. l bought it as a rolling chassis and built it up with new and second hand parts. It has shovel tanks, 80cubic in Evo, 4 speed kick start transmission and 3' open belt drive. I work in the fitness industry but also do some extra work fabricating and welding roll cages for rally cars. l enrolled into a welding course during the evenings in 2000 at my local Technical College. l am hoping to build more bikes with the welding skills l acquired and l hope to gain more knowledge from your website. Regards, Joe.

Post by chopper boy »

Hi Maz, great work!
A question about the die. What is the profile of your die? Looks like it is a V formation, or is it concave like the jd2 die?

Return to “Tools and Equipment”