Maz's Monster Bender

Use this section for posts concerning tools and equipment like benders and notchers for example.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Re: Maz's Monster Bender

Post by curt »

Maz wrote:
curt wrote::popcorn:

ooer I'm being watched..... :shifty:

Maz xx
always
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

cool :banana-dance:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Post by rudog »

OK! What's the skinny on that cylinder: Bore, Stroke, FreeLength???

This is next on my TTD list.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

rudog wrote:OK! What's the skinny on that cylinder: Bore, Stroke, FreeLength???

This is next on my TTD list.
Hi Rudi, the cylinder in the pics is from a 2 Ton engine crane - the ram is rated at 8 Tons and is the same length etc as the popular haborfreight model, but I have now replaced it with a new air/hydraulic ram which is exactly the same length etc but much better quality...

have a look here for the ram spec http://www.shinnfuamerica.com/ProductDe ... 44981/1013 you can download the technical manual from here.....

The bender is a Gottrikes design and you can get the plans from here http://www.gottrikes.com/Tube_Bender.htm

I'll post some pics of the updated bender soon...

Hope this helps.

Maz xx

rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Post by rudog »

Thanx Maz. Funny...I didn't realise that I had one already until you mentioned engine crane. On a side, I also found my largest pry bar stuffed down the boom. I lost it about 5 years ago.
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

rudog wrote:Thanx Maz. Funny...I didn't realise that I had one already until you mentioned engine crane. On a side, I also found my largest pry bar stuffed down the boom. I lost it about 5 years ago.
Most 2 ton engine cranes have an 8 ton ram, I've been swapping the ram between the crane and bender until I bought 2 new air/hydraulic rams - 1 for the bender and the other to update my bike table....

About your large pry bar....can you have a look and check if there are any 3/4 sockets there as well...I lost one a few months ago.... :doh: :laughing-rolling:

Maz xx

gebear
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am hoping to start my new build soon, been getting everything ready in place, 1st need to build jig but I will get there.... lol.. I am living in Swansea, Wales... 49 .. I have never built my own bike before so my first build might not be pretty but it will be mine and built by my own fair hands and no one elses...

Post by gebear »

Hi maz

Where can you get the air/hyd rams and what sort of cost are they....

Cheers babe

George xx
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

gebear wrote:Hi maz

Where can you get the air/hyd rams and what sort of cost are they....

Cheers babe

George xx
Hi George, I tried buying them direct from Harborfreight but they messed me aroung for weeks.....but I eventually found a small USA tool company who was prepared to ship them for me - I'll look up the invoice but they were really expensive. I'll pm you the details when I get home from work.....

Maz xx

jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Hi maz and gebear, i got my 8 ton ram ordered from http://www.princessauto.ca they have them for $130.00 not bad price but shipping might be expensive depending on where you live. Not sure if they have princess auto in the united states. Hope it helps. :D :think:
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

jonester123 wrote:Hi maz and gebear, i got my 8 ton ram ordered from http://www.princessauto.ca they have them for $130.00 not bad price but shipping might be expensive depending on where you live. Not sure if they have princess auto in the united states. Hope it helps. :D :think:
Thanks Thomas, I tried ordering direct from both Canadian and American suppliers but they won't ship to the UK even though they say they will on their websites....I did find an independant American tool supplier who did ship 2 air/hydraulic rams for me - I'll share the info when I can find where my daughter put the paperwork :doh:

Maz xx

Return to “Tools and Equipment”