Maz's Bike Table build

Use this section for posts concerning tools and equipment like benders and notchers for example.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Maz's Bike Table build

Post by Maz »

For those who followed the design and build of my custom bike table on the old forum, I will be posting the plans in the downloads area very soon - I am also doing an update on the table and converting it to air/hydraulic ram operation :hand:

I know a few of you guys have built your own versions and I would be interested to see what you have done.........

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Re: Maz's Bike Table build

Post by budoka »

thanks Maz!

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

No worries Boss man - I'll get busy posting after the party this weekend :banana-dance:

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

:popcorn:
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Maz, awesome you are getting your projects re posted on the new forum. I am sure there will be many people who will want to make a great quality and universal bike table. :dance: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

Hmmmmm I tried to post some info and pics and they dissappeared........don't tell me I've broken this forum already :doh:

Must be a glitch so I'll try again tomorrow...... :think:

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

lol
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

forum is still working.....must have spilled some JD on the keyboard :doh:

Maz xx

Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

It started off like this
Bike Lift 001.jpg
Bike Lift 001.jpg (137.65 KiB) Viewed 24873 times
and quickly progressed to this
Bike Lift 002.jpg
Bike Lift 002.jpg (157.38 KiB) Viewed 24873 times
then it got all welded up
Bike Lift 006.jpg
Bike Lift 006.jpg (134.11 KiB) Viewed 24873 times
and suddenly it looked like this
Bike lift 016.jpg
Bike lift 016.jpg (165.28 KiB) Viewed 24873 times
as you can see I originally designed it to be operated using a trolley jack - a 2 tonne jack will easily lift a full size motorcycle...

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

somethin about a blond with a welder
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

why thank you kind sir........ :banana-dance:

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

your welcome
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

And here is the final stage, all painred and ready to go, complete with wheel clamp and loading ramp....
GS550 Bobber 001.jpg
GS550 Bobber 001.jpg (228.59 KiB) Viewed 24857 times
seems a shame to get it all dirty......... :shifty:

Maz xx

Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

I did mention I'm currently converting the table to use an air/hydraulic ram instead of a trolley jack....I'll post :banana-gotpics: and details as I get it done...

Maz xx

Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

Sorry guys, I forgot to post the plans :doh:
bike table plan 01.jpg
bike table plan 01.jpg (101.21 KiB) Viewed 24684 times
I do have a full CAD drawing saved somewhere but meantime here is a basic drawing - you either need to make the trolley jack part on the base to fit whatever jack you have or you can mount an air/hydraulic ram in the middle instead......

Hope this helps :banana-dance:

And thanks to Jake for reminding me to post this :clap:

Maz xx

Return to “Tools and Equipment”