power hammer

Use this section for posts concerning tools and equipment like benders and notchers for example.
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

power hammer

Post by gearhead1951 »

Tire Hammer Plans by Clay Spencer

These plans are for a 50 lb. power hammer that uses the rear axle and hub from a front drive car and emergency spare tire and weighs about 700 lbs.

It is powered by a 1 hp, 1750 rpm electric motor, 120 or 240 volts, runs about 250 blows per minute and uses a spring toggle mechanism similar to Little Giant hammers.

The anvil is 6" solid round (minimum size) by 36" high and the frame is 5" square tubing.

The plans are 40 pages, printed front and back on 20 sheets that include parts list, detail and assembly drawings, sources, notes, installation, adjustments and maintenance.

Over 200 hammers have been built using these plans.

Price is $30US including postage to US and Canada, $32US to other countries.
Send check or money order to Clay Spencer, 73 Penniston Private Drive,
Thread: Tire Hammer Plans by Clay Spencer
Tire Hammer Plans by Clay Spencer

Somerville, AL 35670. Tel: (256) 498-1498

Anyone think they could use one of these ? They can be scaled down to make an excellent Pullmax type sheetmetal shrinker/stretcher/planisher !!

To see pics google " Clay Spencer Tire Hammer Plans"
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Re: power hammer

Post by yona »

I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.

Return to “Tools and Equipment”