drill press, bench grinder single phase motor repairs

Use this section for posts concerning tools and equipment like benders and notchers for example.
triker_chewie
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: chewie from perth western australia. i'm triking up a vw and chopping up a yamaha and repairing broken tools. jeez 200 characters is a lot. GOT A WIFE AND KIDS SPENDING ALL MY PLAY MOEY ON FOOD AND CLOTHES AND OTHER USELESS SHIT sorry bout the caps put them on for the code thing

drill press, bench grinder single phase motor repairs

Post by triker_chewie »

most common prob with single phase workshop equipment
http://bodgersparadise.blogspot.com.au/
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Re: drill press, bench grinder single phase motor repairs

Post by railroad bob »

Good tips here. I'm always into saving a buck, recycling, etc.
This is stuff most folks don't have a clue about.
Thanks...
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
triker_chewie
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: chewie from perth western australia. i'm triking up a vw and chopping up a yamaha and repairing broken tools. jeez 200 characters is a lot. GOT A WIFE AND KIDS SPENDING ALL MY PLAY MOEY ON FOOD AND CLOTHES AND OTHER USELESS SHIT sorry bout the caps put them on for the code thing

Post by triker_chewie »

just tryin to give somethin back
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Good post.....have found crap at the tip.....that just needs a it of TLC...need a new motor for my cut off saw, anyone know how to rejuvinate armatures?.....when you run the motor it arcs at the bushes then just died....what causes that?? have stripped it, got it going again, only happened again...they won't replace it, cause when I bought it apparently was a recondition return??? Did wonder at the time why it was cheap.....Doh??
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

if you can make it run with the comutator exposed , push a piece of chalk against the rotating comutator ! This will clean and polish the strips and should make the motor run more efficently , other wise chuck up a drill motor to turn the affected motor while you use the chalk !
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

I've heard about using a pencil eraser to clean gold electrical contacts (gently as the gold is very soft), would an eraser work also?
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
triker_chewie
Lurker

Post by triker_chewie »

too soft. the segments will just chop it up

Return to “Tools and Equipment”