Combo Tig/Mig welder purchase

Use this section for posts concerning tools and equipment like benders and notchers for example.
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Combo Tig/Mig welder purchase

Post by jonester123 »

Tig/Mig Combo Unit
Tig/Mig Combo Unit
100_0722 resized.jpg (53.35 KiB) Viewed 4556 times
Hi guys and gals, well got a great deal for a used tig/mig welder unit from my buddy that i am using his workshop for my camaro work. He purchased a bunch of new tips and nozzles plus new liner for it, also he gave me a 50amp plug with box to get it set up. It does have a harris gas gauges for co2 and argon mixed gas. Just need to purchase gas bottle with it filled up. I thought it was a great deal for one hundred dollars, of course it is real dirty and needs major cleaning plus some paint. But my friend said the guy he bought it from showed him that it worked real good when he got it so i trust him. :clap: :dance: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Attachments
Showing make and model YA205Amp Mig Welder plus Tig
Showing make and model YA205Amp Mig Welder plus Tig
100_0723 resized.jpg (58.29 KiB) Viewed 4556 times
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Re: Combo Tig/Mig welder purchase

Post by Jeff L »

I dont anything about thier welders, but for a hundred bucks, cannt go wrong.Should see if you can get a manual from Snap-on.Around here we just swap bottles out at the gas supply...no need to buy a bottle....hope you get some good use from it dude.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Hi guys and gals, been working hard cleaning up my snapon tig/mig welder. Sanded all down with 220 grit sand paper so the new red and black paint would bond real good. Major difference as you will see in the pics. :clap: :dance: :D
100_0727 resized.jpg
100_0727 resized.jpg (44.5 KiB) Viewed 4534 times
Attachments
100_0728 resized.jpg
100_0728 resized.jpg (45.12 KiB) Viewed 4534 times
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Looks like a brand new machine Jonester, nice job...
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Heres a link, you can contact Snapon directly for a manual.
Their site has a YA212 combo model, probably superceded the one you have.

http://buy1.snapon.com/snapon-store/customer.asp
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hi guys and gals, well the welder only came with the mig setup features. I was told i need to purchase the tig conversion kit, plus tig torch etc. So i am checking into the prices to change it. :think: :D :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Return to “Tools and Equipment”