Service Manuals........tools for the mind.

Use this section for posts concerning tools and equipment like benders and notchers for example.
BIGJIM
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.

Re: Service Manuals........tools for the mind.

Post by BIGJIM »

Disabled, all the time in the world.
sleepyonthree
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: All around tinkerer. Hotrods, cycles, trikes, gardening, cooking, women. Originally joined CBH Jan 29, 2006. Way to many projects, but, thats the fun. Live out in the boonies, less complaints from conformist neighbors.

Post by sleepyonthree »

Anyone looking to save some of the above posted info might want to do so quick.
The feds closed down megaupload the first offering BigJim put up for us.
Attachments
Siezed in thename of XXXXXX.jpg
Siezed in thename of XXXXXX.jpg (60.38 KiB) Viewed 5581 times
nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
Dan.in.Can
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: My name is Dan, i'm 28 years old and i live in Ontario Canada. i grew up in an old school house that my dad fixed up out in the country, just outside a very small town called Hillsdale. i spent most of my childhood working at the farm up the road, so i guess you could say im a country boy. school and me never quite saw eye to eye, not that i wasn't smart enough, but i had a big issue with authority, so i ended up dropping out of highschool to start working in construction. spent about 6 years as a general contractor, but most of the work was in Toronto and i got tired of commuting. now i'm a heavy equipment operator, i spend my summers diggin holes, and my winters plowing snow. i do everything from floating equipment and driving truck, to digging basements and installing septics. I also do quite a bit of maintinence and repairs on our trucks and equipment. thats where i learned to weld (mig & stick) as well as basic mechanical and fabrication skills. i've been with this company for 6 years now. i've been married 7 years now, and we have 2 boys 10 and 12 yrs old. i spend as much of my spare time out on the bike as possible. im riding a F model VTX1800, i try to get away on at least one long trip every year. last couple years me and the guys have rode to north carolina, i love those mountain roads. I've allways dreamed of building a bike, but never thought it was actually a possibility untill i found the CBH website. i read through the OSC build and it completely blew me away, i then read through every article on the site and now i'm a huge fan. everything from the attitude and idea, to the work thats done is fantastic. i'm starting my first bike build real soon, ive got my bender die ordered from jd2 and i've started building the CBH bender. even just skimming through this message board provides more usefull tech knowlege about choppers than the entire web. now im chasing a dream, thanks CBH.

Post by Dan.in.Can »

yeah that really sucks. i was planning on getting some of those manuals off here, but i don't have unlimited downloads so was waiting to figure out what seemed most relevant to my project.
if you have two or three wheels and a smile on your face then its all good
closetredneck
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm 33 computer geek with a passion for bikes. Funny enough, I prefer to work with my hands. But, I'm a total newb at metalwork and fabrication. Every hobby I get into though, I always find a way to customize and make things my own. My first bike was a Honda Shadow ACE I got in '05. I bought an '07 FXSTB in 2008 and started changing it right off. I started buying the Genuine HD accessories (mistake) and when that didn't give me the look I was after, I went aftermarket. Although it was mostly bolt on, I did most of the work myself and came out with a pretty unique and badass looking machine. Somewhere around the end of '08 I found and subscribed to The Horse. I knew that was the direction I was headed....

Post by closetredneck »

Anyone have a fresh link for the service manuals (the ones linked to megaupload)?
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

closetredneck wrote:Anyone have a fresh link for the service manuals (the ones linked to megaupload)?

Nope...

If you're looking for all of 'em, do some searching...
You can copy and paste the title to a search engine...
Pretty simple stuff for someone willing to spend the time.

If you want something specific, be specific, someone might have it saved...
Maybe.

I didn't need any of these, so didn't DL any.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
closetredneck
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm 33 computer geek with a passion for bikes. Funny enough, I prefer to work with my hands. But, I'm a total newb at metalwork and fabrication. Every hobby I get into though, I always find a way to customize and make things my own. My first bike was a Honda Shadow ACE I got in '05. I bought an '07 FXSTB in 2008 and started changing it right off. I started buying the Genuine HD accessories (mistake) and when that didn't give me the look I was after, I went aftermarket. Although it was mostly bolt on, I did most of the work myself and came out with a pretty unique and badass looking machine. Somewhere around the end of '08 I found and subscribed to The Horse. I knew that was the direction I was headed....

Post by closetredneck »

railroad bob wrote:If you're looking for all of 'em, do some searching...
You can copy and paste the title to a search engine...
Pretty simple stuff for someone willing to spend the time.
Thanks. I tried this right after I posted last night and found some.

I also found this: http://www.sunnymeadcycles.com/files/
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

A Bonus. Some good manuals here. Thanks.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

scan0001.pdf
(6.97 MiB) Downloaded 326 times
a lil somethin i found in the back of one of my service manuals today
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Its good to know how much time they *should* be charging. Thanks.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

i figured it would be a good thing to have even if ya let someone else do some of the work
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better

Return to “Tools and Equipment”