Tax disc holders

An area for all Q&A's about machining.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Tax disc holders

Post by Maz »

Here in the UK we are required to display our tax discs on our vehicles (Road Fund Licence). This is a bit of a pain as they are printed on paper and easily get damaged and/or stolen..... :think: Not being content with the conventional flat disc type holders I decided to machine up some billet aluminium cylinderical holders - and here they are......
Flat tab mounting type....
Taxdisc001.jpg
Taxdisc001.jpg (99.67 KiB) Viewed 5384 times
and angled tab mounting type....
Taxdisc003.jpg
Taxdisc003.jpg (94.33 KiB) Viewed 5384 times
Not bad for a couple of hours work eh guys? :banana-dance:

I think I'll make a few more and put them on Evilbay to help fund my project......... :think:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

buellfun
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: I live in colorado. I have 5 boys. been married 20 years. just got my bike running. I am a sparky by trade. I am really glad to find the guys and gals from the old site. Looking forward to see the site grow and produce nice quality bike through the free infomation found on the board.

Re: Tax disc holders

Post by buellfun »

Do they thread on the clear tube. that looks like a nice set up.

In missouri they put a big ugly ass sticker on your ride.

Chris
rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Post by rudog »

I love it. Not bent-folded-spindled-or mutilated. Hand rolled on the thighs of an English woman.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

buellfun wrote:Do they thread on the clear tube. that looks like a nice set up.

In missouri they put a big ugly ass sticker on your ride.

Chris
Thanks dude, the cear tube sits in a machined groove at either end with a silicone seal and there is a long stainless steel bolt (cap head/allen bolt) which holds it all together....

Maz xx

Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

rudog wrote:I love it. Not bent-folded-spindled-or mutilated. Hand rolled on the thighs of an English woman.
of course :naughty: :banana-dance: :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

rudog wrote:I love it. Not bent-folded-spindled-or mutilated. Hand rolled on the thighs of an English woman.

i really like that idea
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

sweet idea, Maz. post'em in the for sale section here too. we get a lot of lurkers, so ya never know. even if ya only sell a few from here, every little bit helps.

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Very nice...I like the angled ones
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

budoka wrote:sweet idea, Maz. post'em in the for sale section here too. we get a lot of lurkers, so ya never know. even if ya only sell a few from here, every little bit helps.

-dan
Thanks Dan, I will do that - I'll even do a discount for board members :banana-dance:
Jeff L wrote:Very nice...I like the angled ones
Thanks Jeff, I only did the two designs but the angled ones are my personal favourites :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Maz xx

Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

They are nice Maz...Looks to me like a very old tax disk..gimme one for free or I'll grass :lol:
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

Maxthegardener wrote:They are nice Maz...Looks to me like a very old tax disk..gimme one for free or I'll grass :lol:
Ok so you got me :whistle: its an old tax disc from my car - I keep all my old tax discs as part of the history of each of my vehicles (along with the MOT certificates and parts bills etc)......

Just to keep you happy (and to avoid being grassed up) I'll put an old tax disc in the post to you :laughing-rolling:

But if you want one of my tax disc holders then drop me an email or message and we'll talk :banana-dance:

Maz xx

Return to “The Machine Shop”