If anyone can maybe help

An area for all Q&A's about machining.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

If anyone can maybe help

Post by Jeff L »

I just throwing this up to see if someone not all to far from jersey could make an axle like this for me at a reasonable cost?I would send this one to you to use as a template.I dont know if this is something I want to try as my 1st project on a lathe.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
jimmib
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello everyone. first of all a big thanks to "Dan the Man". Some of you know me from the previous (2) boards and some don't, so here goes. I have been a fabricator/welder for over 40 years now. Damn that's a helluva long time to do anything! Anyways, I have built literaly 100's of street rods, pro streeters, racecars, bikes and trikes over the years. Never made the headlines and never will. I do what I do because it is the love of my life.
I enjoy reading the posts on the forum and try to contribute when I can. I am sure that this will be every bit as good as the CBH forum, as we will have most of the same folks. Good luck and post a lot of pics!! Jim

Re: If anyone can maybe help

Post by jimmib »

From what I am seeing, that shouldn't be to difficult to make!!!!
Whoa!...Musta stood up too fast...
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
An optomist is no more than a pessimist with an idea.
Gun control is hitting what you are aiming at.....
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

email me a pic with dimensions ill give it a shot
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

jimmib wrote:From what I am seeing, that shouldn't be to difficult to make!!!!
Probably not, but Id feel better sourcing this one out
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

Thanks Curt...appreciate you taking a look & seeing what you think.I might be able to send you a drawing in few days.
jimmib
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello everyone. first of all a big thanks to "Dan the Man". Some of you know me from the previous (2) boards and some don't, so here goes. I have been a fabricator/welder for over 40 years now. Damn that's a helluva long time to do anything! Anyways, I have built literaly 100's of street rods, pro streeters, racecars, bikes and trikes over the years. Never made the headlines and never will. I do what I do because it is the love of my life.
I enjoy reading the posts on the forum and try to contribute when I can. I am sure that this will be every bit as good as the CBH forum, as we will have most of the same folks. Good luck and post a lot of pics!! Jim

Post by jimmib »

Jeff L wrote:
jimmib wrote:From what I am seeing, that shouldn't be to difficult to make!!!!
Probably not, but Id feel better sourcing this one out
Jeff, I was just joking, as I didn't see a pic! Hope curt can help you out.
Jim
Whoa!...Musta stood up too fast...
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
An optomist is no more than a pessimist with an idea.
Gun control is hitting what you are aiming at.....
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

Thats cool man...but I think youre right though.Someone that knows how to do it, probably is relatively easy.
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

Hey Curt....turns out the machanic on my job is a gun smith.He said he will turn one down for me.I really do appreciate your offer to help brother.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

we gotta help eachother when we can or we may as well buy parts or ride factory bikes
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better

Return to “The Machine Shop”