home brew right angle drive

An area for all Q&A's about machining.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Re: home brew right angle drive

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Yamaha middle gear.....
Yamaha middle gear.....
Capture1.JPG (62.67 KiB) Viewed 3457 times
blow-up
blow-up
Capture.JPG (55.9 KiB) Viewed 3457 times
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

SHAFTO2.JPG
SHAFTO2.JPG (46.25 KiB) Viewed 3440 times
SHAFTO.JPG
SHAFTO.JPG (27.33 KiB) Viewed 3440 times
On "CW" , BlackJack made mention of a "Yamaha middle box" in trike discussion on the forum.

I searched , found these images utilizing that piece. This may be more compact than the homebrew alternative.
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

That would depend a lot on the machinist carving out the houseing , you can over engineer anything !

Remember , A camel is a horse designed by a commitee and built to US Army specs !!
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

It seems to stand up to V-MAX use/abuse.

http://www.starvmax.com/forum/12-genera ... -questions

Return to “The Machine Shop”