Front Motor Mount Patterns

Sportster Chops, Customs and tech.
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Front Motor Mount Patterns

Post by gww25 »

Ironically I now have two Sporty's but everything is at somebody else's shop. I'm looking for dimensions or a pattern for the old ironhead front motor mount plates, 57 to around 82 or so before the change to newer version with the 'kinks' in them.
Thanks
Slimey1
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: This looks like a great forum. I'm planning on building my first front end...a girder...soon,and have a friend that wants to me to build him a leafer.

I'm almost finished with a bike build I started 2 years ago. I just rode it all summer in the "raw" and hope to get it all painted and prettified over the winter months.

Re: Front Motor Mount Patterns

Post by Slimey1 »

Do you still need these templates?
Slimey1
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: This looks like a great forum. I'm planning on building my first front end...a girder...soon,and have a friend that wants to me to build him a leafer.

I'm almost finished with a bike build I started 2 years ago. I just rode it all summer in the "raw" and hope to get it all painted and prettified over the winter months.

Re: Front Motor Mount Patterns

Post by Slimey1 »

Here are the templates from my 1977 Ironhead front motor mount plates.
Attachments
motor mounts0001.jpg
motor mounts0001.jpg (23.75 KiB) Viewed 4056 times

Return to “Sporty Section”