Kick Stand placement

Use this area for posts and questions that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Kick Stand placement

Post by Jeff L »

I'm a little concerned that with low ground clearance I might be rubbing my Kick Stand.I'm thinking about moving it back to where the rear Legs start to bend upwards.Is there any issues with stability or tipping with it mounted back there?
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Re: Kick Stand placement

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

It will probably work but it may be a PITA to hook it with your boot back there.
TattooLeeRoy
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi. I am LeeRoy, been biking for 30 yrs now. I ride an ironhead sportster, and (since I have a rider) am wanting to start a ground up build. I am really happy I found CBH, and want to thank you for info it contains. I look forward to the sportster hardtail article, and hope for a girder article

Re: Kick Stand placement

Post by TattooLeeRoy »

I have seen it done. I'm with Hans, deploying it may be a pain.
We can do anything, impossible just takes longer.

Return to “General Technical Matters”