Sealing up ShovelHead pushrod Tubes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,made simple

Use this area for posts and questions that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
BIGJIM
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.

Sealing up ShovelHead pushrod Tubes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,made simple

Post by BIGJIM »

Before you read, I know the tube in the picture is an EVO tube, i was too lazy to go to the garage and get a Shovel tube.

Change out your stock early models, or make you late models leak proof.

Square Buna-N O-Ring AS568A Dash Number 208 $8.07 50pcs.
McMaster-Carr #4061T23

Square Buna-N O-Ring AS568A Dash Number 114 $10.68 100pcs.
McMaster-Carr #4061T16

Square Buna-N O-Ring AS568A Dash Number 016 $9.96 100pcs.
McMaster-Carr #4061T121

Square Buna-N O-Ring AS568A Dash Number 211 $7.71 50pcs.
McMaster-Carr #4061T233

Metric Spring Steel Shim
DIN 988, 1.0MM Thick, 18MM ID, 25MM OD. $7.76 25pcs.
McMaster-Carr #98055A232
rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Re: Sealing up ShovelHead pushrod Tubes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,made si

Post by rudog »

From the quantities listed above, do you offer conveniently packed kits? I'm sure many would be interested.
BIGJIM
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.

Post by BIGJIM »

Haven't really thought about it, I guess, because I buy them any way, I could throw some sets together. :confusion-shrug:
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

MY Evo tubes are leaking..... more like weeping....enought to keep the cases nice and oily.... ; )
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Cool, now you can mark yer spot!!!
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Since I hand dug this 100 ft driveway and mixed the concrete from 40 lb bags..... I don't think so........
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

When I worked at a gas station, we would spread cat litter on oil spots and twist/crush it onto the concrete.
Seemed to get rid of the stain.
TANSTAAFL
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

tide laundry detergent and a good stiff broom
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
yona
Conventioneer

Post by yona »

Do you put the kitty litter and the tide in the motor at the same time ..... and what do you do with the broom....?????? Oh, I have a few suggestions.... ; )))
yona
Conventioneer

Post by yona »

BIGJIM wrote:Haven't really thought about it, I guess, because I buy them any way, I could throw some sets together. :confusion-shrug:

Could you make me a kit for my Evo...?? PM me !
BIGJIM
Stalker

Post by BIGJIM »

In a few weeks I will Start putting sets together, I am swamped for time right now.
yona
Conventioneer

Post by yona »

I can wait... ; )))
yona
Conventioneer

Post by yona »

Bump.... Jim, I am having my bike completely gone over... what numbers would I need for a 87 Evo... ???
railroad bob
Contributor

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

yona wrote:Bump.... Jim, I am having my bike completely gone over... what numbers would I need for a 87 Evo... ???
I wold like that info also, if you can...
Thanks Jim.
TANSTAAFL
yona
Conventioneer

Post by yona »

Guess Jim never came up for air.... ; )

Return to “General Technical Matters”