Something fresh

Try using this area for frontend information.
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Something fresh

Post by gearhead1951 »

Shit%20Box%203.jpg
Shit%20Box%203.jpg (99.85 KiB) Viewed 2068 times
Shit%20Box%202.jpg
Shit%20Box%202.jpg (87.95 KiB) Viewed 2068 times
I got these off of the jockey journal (ugly/funny bikes) I guess they dont like the idea much !

It could be done a little better but I think the basic concept is sound , A monoshock front end with a fully adjustable shock(compression , rebound and preload) !!

I refer to it as a "dead slider" 'cause the sliders are gutted and only serve to mount the wheel and guide it up and down !

:think: :confusion-shrug: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Re: Something fresh

Post by gearhead1951 »

So whaddaya think Maz !!
triker_chewie
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: chewie from perth western australia. i'm triking up a vw and chopping up a yamaha and repairing broken tools. jeez 200 characters is a lot. GOT A WIFE AND KIDS SPENDING ALL MY PLAY MOEY ON FOOD AND CLOTHES AND OTHER USELESS SHIT sorry bout the caps put them on for the code thing

Post by triker_chewie »

good concept but ugly. would kick ass as a springer
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

i guess it's fine, but why? the stock tubes it's replacing are much more compact. unless the system delivers a vastly improved ride over the stock telescopics, i just don't see it making good sense.

definitely food for thought though. it's good to see other ideas.

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

gearhead1951 wrote:So whaddaya think Maz !!
I can see some merit in being able to tune the set-up and I do kinda like the idea in a "steampunk" kinda way.... :think: maybe I'll have a go at something like this on one of my future projects..... :shifty: :shhh:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

im with dan on that one maybe a diffrent lighter slide arrangement got the old brain bucket workin though
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

the design in the pics is rather crude but there is something about it that gets you to thinking......

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

definatly
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
gearhead1951
Builder

Post by gearhead1951 »

Like I said , It can be done a lot better lookswise ! another advantage as I see it is that if the shock goes bad it wouldnt take more that a half hour to change it out ! :confusion-shrug: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

its definatly got some merrit

Return to “Springers, Girders, Spirders and Leafers”