jonester springer build

Try using this area for frontend information.
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Re: jonester springer build

Post by jonester123 »

Hi curt, it is alot easier to cut the plates with the angle grinder and cutting discs thats for sure. Took me about roughly 1 hr to do one tree , about another good few solid hrs work and they should be ready to finish drilling out the holes to specs. Also need to order the springs from bitterend oldskool choppers soon so i have the parts ahead of me so i can keep going. :D :think: :whistle:
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Well, been working today getting the last two plates cutt out to shape. Then i can use my belt sander to make them nicely shaped and even, one more plate to finish cutting out about half way done. :D :obscene-drinkingcheers:

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

get the plates close to the final shape with a good stone on the grinder before you go to the belt sander it will make life much easier
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Thanks for the info curt, got them as close as i could but need to be perfect shape on all of them. Getting last one cutt out a bit thicker than the others but i will get it done. :D :think:
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

the holes have to be perfect the outside shape has some give to it more about how it looks to your eye as long as the lower spring perch dosent hit the lower tree
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

I have gotten the holes drilled out to 3/8" size so far, going to pin the plates together with some threaded rod washers nuts so i can make the plates perfect when doing the final shape in them. Takes time thats for sure. :think: :whistle:
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

yes it does
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

I guess i better get ordering my new front tire so i can get it mounted on rim so i can figure out the length of tubeing i will need for the springer front end. Curt if possible could you send the template of front rockers in full size for the springer, haveing some problems with printer software and i would like to get the materials to make the rockers. Thanks :pray: :D
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hi guys and gals, well was wondering about figureing out the springer tube length for my stock honda cb750 bobber. Can i measure the stock front end length and use it for the length of my springer tubes, i will be useing the same size stock front tire and rim. Maybe need to make it a little longer or smaller in length any great suggestions. :think: :D
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

jonester123 wrote:Hi guys and gals, well was wondering about figureing out the springer tube length for my stock honda cb750 bobber. Can i measure the stock front end length and use it for the length of my springer tubes, i will be useing the same size stock front tire and rim. Maybe need to make it a little longer or smaller in length any great suggestions. :think: :D
measureing the length of the tubes is one of the last things you need to do its totaly diffrent than the stock length and your going to have to do a full mockup with the tires on the rims if you can or build stands at ride height like i did for the front . i can probably help ya out figureing it out
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

jonester123 wrote:I guess i better get ordering my new front tire so i can get it mounted on rim so i can figure out the length of tubeing i will need for the springer front end. Curt if possible could you send the template of front rockers in full size for the springer, haveing some problems with printer software and i would like to get the materials to make the rockers. Thanks :pray: :D
i could send you a pdf but you will still need to scale it full size with your printer and ill need you to pm me your email
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

on its way let me know if they dont make it
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Got them curt thanks, now i need to figure out my pain in the ass printer software to get them printed to actual size. :D :whistle:
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

go to print properties and where it says scale to fit put none and make shure the page is at 100 %
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Cool, i will give it a try. :dance:

Return to “Springers, Girders, Spirders and Leafers”