jonester springer build

Try using this area for frontend information.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Re: jonester springer build

Post by curt »

did it work for ya?
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Hi curt, yes got the rocker plans and figured out my printer problems again so they are printed to full size. So i am making another list of some more materials to get them designed. :clap: :dance: :D
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

make the flat ones theyre much easier to make and can be used on either side less material too you can always change em later
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Curt, i am going to make the flat rockers seem alot easier than the trunnion style rockers. Build the confidence first then go to more complex. :think:
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

exactly
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Well todays progress, slowly cutting out some materials to start making the ram mounting brackets. :D ;)

curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

watch out for those beers they make the metal move when you try to cut it :laughing-rolling:
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hi curt, hope you are doing well. I had to go out for a beer run and buy another couple cases, it helps me relax and i think better for some reason. :D :whistle:
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Todays progress, got some threaded rod to pin the two plates together and get them shaped, drilled out perfect. :D :banana-dance:

curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

good work there
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Thanks curt, it is slowly coming together. Going to finish drilling some holes out so i can put all the threaded rod through holes so when i get drilling them out they stay perfectly square and even. :D :think:
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Sparks r gunna Fly...
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hi maxthegardener, i am still working on the bike build and have lots of stuff being built at the same time. Getting more materials ordered plus parts, blew up my new dewalt angle grinder smoke everywhere. Glad i kept the bill of purchase so i called up my tool store and they are willing to give me a new one in exchange. :clap: :dance: :D
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hi guys and gals, well i exchanged my dewalt grinder that blowed up for a brand new makita angle grinder. So we will see how this one works out, also purchased some more 3/8" threaded rod with nuts and washers so i can completely pin my springer plates together when shapeing and final drilling. :D :dance:

jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Todays progress, cutt out last plate to rough shape and useing some 3/8" threaded rod with nuts and washers to start pinning the plates together for final shapeing and drilling. Also belt sanded all the plates for a nicer top finish. :D ;)

Return to “Springers, Girders, Spirders and Leafers”